League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Malkin is actually playing fairly well, unlike everyone else on the Penguins.
Malkin also had some nice incentives at start of RS of being super close to hitting 500g800a1300p milestones
Now that he's hit them, wonder if he'll stay as productive

Sid is 7 short of 600g but doesn't seem like he's in any hurry to get there this season :sarcasm:

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Where is Malkin? :laugh:
It amuses me to no end that the Penguins look awful and stuck in no-mans land. It's also pretty remarkable that even though Crosby and Malkin have been able to hold on to their form longer than Ovi and Backstrom GMBM has done an infinitely better job surrounding our duo with actual talent. Hopefully one day GMBM will get the credit/Dubas will get the blame they should

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It amuses me to no end that the Penguins look awful and stuck in no-mans land. It's also pretty remarkable that even though Crosby and Malkin have been able to hold on to their form longer than Ovi and Backstrom...

Is that even accurate? Ovie had 50 goals at age 36 and 42 goals at age 37 with missed games.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I have three of those on my fantasy hockey team....

anigif_sub-buzz-32358-1506707809-11.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Hopefully one day GMBM will get the credit/Dubas will get the blame they should

The Caps don't get credit outside of DC, period. Look at our fast start, in an offseason where we had a lot to navigate including, apparently, the peaceful transfer of power from Mac to Patrick. Lots of criticism of the PLD move, question marks about the kids and Vrana, Oshie's situation, our cap struggle, and "Uh oh, Ovi got fat!"

But not only did we have a killer offseason acquiring a bunch of disparate pieces, but they're pretty quickly proving to be the RIGHT pieces, fitting together nicely, and that's with the one of the biggest new pieces on the shelf with an injury. In retrospect, it seems now that Mac had a pretty serious plan for Kuznetsov that ended up being a major coup. New coach has an under-the-radar team humming right along.

While the narrative outside DC quietly acknowledges the hot start, most of the actual coverage is pretty consistently, "They're all about Ovi's race to 895." And I don't know about you guys, but I haven't been thinking about Ovi all that much so far this year...

Last edited:
Reactions: qc14

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Caps don't get credit outside of DC, period. Look at our fast start, in an offseason where we had a lot to navigate including, apparently, the peaceful transfer of power from Mac to Patrick. Lots of criticism of the PLD move, question marks about the kids and Vrana, Oshie's situation, our cap struggle, and "Uh oh, Ovi got fat!"

But not only did we have a killer offseason acquiring a bunch of disparate pieces, but they're pretty quickly proving to be the RIGHT pieces, fitting together nicely, and that's with the one of the biggest new pieces on the shelf with an injury. In retrospect, it seems now that Mac had a pretty serious plan for Kuznetsov that ended up being a major coup. New coach has an under-the-radar team humming right along.

But the narrative outside DC quietly acknowledges the hot start, but the actual coverage is pretty consistently, "They're all about Ovi's race to 895." And I don't know about you guys, but I haven't been thinking about Ovi all that much so far this year...
We're also only in 3rd in the MET because NJ have played 9 frickin games already, and we've played 5.

Based on points% we should be 2nd, only slightly behind NYR.

1729717985136.png

It's early but only 4 other teams in the NHL have a higher points%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad