League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
NY continues to win the Special Teams matchups and Goaltending.

Doesn’t really matter if their 5v5 play is underwhelming when they can blow it open on the Pp, make you pay shorthanded, and have a goaltender always ready to bail you out. They can win it all

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Doesn’t really matter if their 5v5 play is underwhelming when they can blow it open on the Pp, make you pay shorthanded, and have a goaltender always ready to bail you out. They can win it all
If they do--barf--it's already Igor for Conn Smythe.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Yes, the Rags are a good team but they have had a lot of help from the officiating. League is all in on the Rangers winning the Cup, since it has been 30 years since they last won it.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Although we shouldn’t be so confident with the Rangers. I’d like to see how they respond when they finally lose or Shesterkin has a dud, but so far so good for them. Can’t complain about being 7-0 to start

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If the Rangers finish off the Hurricanes, I'm guessing Brind'Amour is gone.
Have to disagree. He's about to get a new contract. They would be foolish to let him walk. In the offseason, I think there is one area the Canes can upgrade in, which is in net. Their D and Forwards are in very good shape. Kochetkov is a good young goalie on the up and up, but not experienced enough yet. Andersen, plays well but then keeps disappointing in the playoffs while having injuries in the regular season. He dispappointed with the Ducks and then with the Leafs, and now with the Canes. If the Canes want to go for winning that Cup, I think Juuse Saros is the goalie to go after and they haves the assets to do it.

Stars have already corrected their mistake from Game 1. In Game 2 they have gone up 3-0 again against the Avs, but already got the 4th goal to make it 4-0 as the 3rd period is ongoing.

Reactions: Capitals40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad