League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Watched that game from the 2nd period to the end and was wondering why I had not heard his name yet.

DO NOT LIKE the Rangers and sick of the traditional homer refing they get in the playoffs.
Kuzy is the guy you would want in an OT situation, but what do I know.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Stars really blew that game being up 3-0. They missed on a good deal of scoring chances. Maybe it more important going forward they get shots on goal, rather than try snipe shots past Gorgiev. Gorgiev didn't have a good 1st period, but shut the door the rest of the way.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Every time i hear Faksa's name called out it reminds me that I wanted us to draft him. Jeez its been 12 years. He got an OT goal or some shit the other day.

If there is not going to be any hitting or fighting I do hereby propose models i mean influencers get gifted seats right behind the glass.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Every time i hear Faksa's name called out it reminds me that I wanted us to draft him. Jeez its been 12 years. He got an OT goal or some shit the other day.

If there is not going to be any hitting or fighting I do hereby propose models i mean influencers get gifted seats right behind the glass.
Same! I remember going into that draft hoping Grigorenko would fall to us because of the Russian factor, but if not then Faksa seemed like the realistic BPA. But then Forsberg kept falling and falling… That night was the most fun I’ve ever had watching a draft. I absolutely couldn’t believe Forsberg fell to us.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Same! I remember going into that draft hoping Grigorenko would fall to us because of the Russian factor, but if not then Faksa seemed like the realistic BPA. But then Forsberg kept falling and falling… That night was the most fun I’ve ever had watching a draft. I absolutely couldn’t believe Forsberg fell to us.
Cripes he had 48 goals this year. I tried to defend the return at the time but the only thing Erat did was chew his mouthpiece and get trucked by Ovi. What a disaster of a trade.

Reactions: Chupacabra08

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Cripes he had 48 goals this year. I tried to defend the return at the time but the only thing Erat did was chew his mouthpiece and get trucked by Ovi. What a disaster of a trade.

Trading for Erat wasn't the primary problem. Trading your best prospect for a middle 6 forward on the wrong side of 30 (and already showing signs of slowing down with just 4 goals in 36 games) was the problem. If the Caps had traded a 2nd or 3rd round pick (or a lesser prospect) for Erat, he would be a very small footnote in Caps history. Or, if the Caps had traded FF for someone impactful like Jarome Iginla (who was dealt at the same deadline).

Reactions: Chupacabra08

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Trading for Erat wasn't the primary problem. Trading your best prospect for a middle 6 forward on the wrong side of 30 (and already showing signs of slowing down with just 4 goals in 36 games) was the problem. If the Caps had traded a 2nd or 3rd round pick (or a lesser prospect) for Erat, he would be a very small footnote in Caps history. Or, if the Caps had traded FF for someone impactful like Jarome Iginla (who was dealt at the same deadline).
You can take that even further - when the Caps traded for him he had 1 goal in his last 28 games. The guy was beyond ice cold. That trade was batshit insane the moment it was made, even without the hindsight of how poorly Erat played here and what Forsberg turned into. I can't think of another trade in my lifetime that drew a more immediate "what the f***?" reaction than that one. I can still remember the awkward laughter and confusion of the anchors on NHL Network or TSN or whatever deadline coverage I was watching when they read that trade off.

There are three things in my life that will always instantly make my blood boil when I think about them because they weren't just awful, they were inexplicable and totally unnecessary self-inflicted wounds: Game of Thrones Season 8, the ending to Mass Effect 3, and the Forsberg trade. I'm eternally tormented by mystery of why those catastrophes happened, what the people responsible where thinking at the time and how they justified their decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad