NHL Playoff: Who are you cheering for?

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Anyone (almost) that isn't Detroit.
ABBA = Anyone But Besides Alfredsson (I know, the grammar is off, but I had to make it fit)

Won't actively root for a team if my team is not in it, but will still watch, as its the best hockey of the year (plus, it doesn't hurt/stress my heart like Sens playoff hockey does).

Likely playoff teams I like and would like to see do well :
Chicago
St. Louis
Boston
Philadelphia

Teams that I really hope crash and burn in spectacular fashion, a la the Laffs last year :
Toronto
Montreal
Anaheim
Detroit (if they make it)
Pittsburgh

I like that us and Boston seem to have this brotherhood, that I don't think you'd find in any other pairing of NHL divisional opponents, but I really would like to see one day how much they would be on our bandwagon if we were still in the playoffs and they were eliminated. It's all been pretty one-way in Boston's favour so far (not a slight to Boston and their fans, they are an awesome team).

Love the Jackets. I was going to get a Foligno jersey the playoffs before we traded him. Other than them, I don't really like any of the other teams in the East. I don't really mind Boston, or Tampa though.

Out West..Any of St.Louis, Colorado, Minni, or Dallas would be fine with me.

I can get on board with this, though I agree with the other poster that doesn't want Tampa getting 2 cups before we get one.

Also will make a special mention of cheering for whoever is playing against the Scabs

Hell if it's Toronto vs Montreal I'll actually root for the Leafs!

This is one of my nightmares. If this happened, the only consolation I'd have is that one would have to lose. Though I'd probably have to root for the Smurfs, they were my team too before Ottawa came into the league.

The Blues. If Detroit/Washington/Winnipeg/Vancouver make it in than them too.

*gags*
Washington's not so bad, but I'm not an OV fan, so won't root for them (nor against them really). But Vancouver, come on. Those diving, whining, crying, 'dive just as much as but don't have nearly as much talent as Crosby's? They are just barely a step above the Leafs on my 'do not want to win' list.

This is true

Last year's St-Louis vs LA in the first round was probably the best series I've seen since Pittsburgh vs Washington in round 2 in 2009

The Pittsburgh-Philly series a couple of years back was pretty epic too. :)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If there's a Montreal-Toronto matchup, the only logical thing to do is for all Sens fans to use our collective mind powers to create a giant sinkhole under the arena, which swallows up both teams whole. :nod:

FireDJ

Jul 20, 2006
Alberta
So.... which bandwagon are you jumping on?

Columbus
Colorado
Philly
Dallas
Anaheim
NYR
Phoenix
Chicago

What about you?

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Only teams I would really like to see win the cup this year would be Detroit, St. Louis or Columbus. Everyone else I'm completely ambivalent about.

FireDJ

Jul 20, 2006
Alberta
Detroit pisses me off. Alfie bolts. They go to overtime every second game and they had a gift of a win against LA earlier this year. Also I'm not a fan of their puck possession finesse style with zero physicality.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

ha_ha_get_out__by_wolf_shadow77-d3fujm9.png

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Cheering for Alfie now while he has a chance. He's showing why we needed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad