GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
- Trade Colton for a cheap RHD

- Play Ritchie at 3C

- Acquire a scoring wing at the deadline.

- Ascend to greatness

It’s not the hard.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
- Trade Colton for a cheap RHD

- Play Ritchie at 3C

- Acquire a scoring wing at the deadline.

- Ascend to greatness

It’s not the hard.

- Colton has a NTC now
- Ritchie isn't ready
- Avs will only have cap space for a 4th line PK-er

People need to accept the fact this will be the Avs line-up come opening night.

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Colton - Mitts - Moose
Wood - Wagner - LOC
Kelly - Kova - Kiwi

Toews - Makar
G - Manson
CDH - Branstrom
McJesus - Malinski

Georgie
Juice

And when Nuke comes back mid-November

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - Mitts - Moose
Wood - Colton - LOC
Kiwi - Wagner - Kova
Parker

Toews - Makar
G - Manson
CDH - Branstrom
McJesus - Malinski

Georgie
Juice

And Landeskog doesn't play till playoffs at the earliest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forceberg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
- Colton has a NTC now
- Ritchie isn't ready
- Avs will only have cap space for a 4th line PK-er

People need to accept the fact this will be the Avs line-up come opening night.

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Colton - Mitts - Moose
Wood - Wagner - LOC
Kelly - Kova - Kiwi

Toews - Makar
G - Manson
CDH - Branstrom
McJesus - Malinski

Georgie
Juice

And when Nuke comes back mid-November

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - Mitts - Moose
Wood - Colton - LOC
Kiwi - Wagner - Kova
Parker

Toews - Makar
G - Manson
CDH - Branstrom
McJesus - Malinski

Georgie
Juice

Well, no, it's not a fact that Landeskog won't play until playoffs at the earliest. Not a fact at all lol.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
How many people here would have been happy if Tampa won in 2022 just so that Landeskog wouldn't have got to raise the cup. I feel like the number is more than zero.

• Haha
Reactions: BrickNHL

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If this game 6 turns out to be his last game ever, man, WHAT A F*CKING GREAT WAY TO END YOUR CAREER!
You know what? It would have been greater to just go full Shea Weber, unofficially retire and let the team have a new captain and the cap space instead of hijacking the team with a possible return over multiple seasons.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

If this were true, the Avs absolutely would have spent his cap space this summer. Just like they did last summer when they knew he was done for the season.

The fact they didn't spend his money makes it pretty clear they're expecting him back before the playoffs. Quite frankly I'd bet money that he's back before Nichushkin.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You know what? It would have been greater to just go full Shea Weber, unofficially retire and let the team have a new captain and the cap space instead of hijacking the team with a possible return over multiple seasons.
I blame the team doctors who couldnt offer any good advice. Just rehab for a season and then do surgery LOL.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

Love Landeskog and hope he makes a return, but this has to be the last year of "maybe I play, maybe I don't". Sure it's tough for him, but having a 7mil maybe cap hit is ruining the prime years of Mack/Mikko/Makar and cup chances for all the other players who come and go.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
If this were true, the Avs absolutely would have spent his cap space this summer. Just like they did last summer when they knew he was done for the season.

The fact they didn't spend his money makes it pretty clear they're expecting him back before the playoffs. Quite frankly I'd bet money that he's back before Nichushkin.

I would take that bet in a nano second (being back before Nuke)

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
If this game 6 turns out to be his last game ever, man, WHAT A F*CKING GREAT WAY TO END YOUR CAREER!
But some people here would be even happier if Landeskog's career had ended and he HADN'T won the cup in game 6.

In their picture perfect world the Avs lose game 6. Landeskog announces his injury and immediate retirement and is stripped of the C. Real leader and captain Bowen Byram leads the Avs to the cup in game 7 and as the cup is presented Byram signs an 18 year contract and has the Avs logo tattooed onto his chest. While he pisses on a 92 jersey.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
But some people here would be even happier if Landeskog's career had ended and he HADN'T won the cup in game 6.

In their picture perfect world the Avs lose game 6. Landeskog announces his injury and immediate retirement and is stripped of the C. Real leader and captain Bowen Byram leads the Avs to the cup in game 7 and as the cup is presented Byram signs an 18 year contract and has the Avs logo tattooed onto his chest. While he pisses on a 92 jersey.
gv-p-patrick-roy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad