Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Wagner lol

IMG_0522.gif

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Speaking of this, Bednar must be losing it over his shortage of right shots up front. Last year in the playoffs Mackinnon was the only one aside from the few games Wagner played lol.
He only had 4 in 2022, 3.5 really since Newhook/NAK were in and out.

Avs don't seem to give a f*** about right shot forwards even though Bednar seems to mention "right shot" so much in press conferences when asked about right shot player usage.

LOC back helps, I'm sure he would LOVE for a right shot 4C to appear, too.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
He isn't, but one of the Avs biggest kryptonite of the past couple of seasons is heavy forechequing teams (Vegas, Dallas, and some degree Seattle) and you're supposed to improve in those weaknesses, but Avs got absolutely worse in this regard with him in the top 6. He got eaten alive by clubs like Florida, Carolina, Boston, and Philly before they fell off the cliff.
He's fighting for a job with Malinksi, not exactly high leverage impact for the team. I could see him being worth the small contract but he won't greatly outplay it. It would be interesting if the Avs moved MacNorris to the 4th line wing semi-permanently. Seems unlikely they will need him on the D much, but he'd be better than using Jones or guys like that if there was a run of injuries.

Better questions here are what contracts that were signed do you wish the Avs were able to get? I think the FO has little regret in having ignored this years frenzy.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Technically we don’t have a 3C either. Colton is actually an overpaid 3rd line winger
That I can live with. It's the goaltending that is a massive concern. Unless fatso plays like he did at the end of the season or Georgiev bounces back, the Avs will need to come into games again with the score at least 4 or lose mentality.

Reactions: Alienblood

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That I can live with. It's the goaltending that is a massive concern. Unless fatso plays like he did at the end of the season or Georgiev bounces back, the Avs will need to come into games again with the score at least 4 or lose mentality.
We really do have a lot of question marks going into next season.

Goaltending
Bottom 6 forwards
Nuke
Landy

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad