GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
That may be the case, but I don’t think, right now, there’s an every game RD on the roster.
There’s a bunch of guys who are rotation-type. But none imo that are bonafide regularly reliable
I think we are pretty set at D. My theory about bringing back JJ and trading Girard is now put to rest. Seems like Malinski and Brannstrom will rotate on the bottom pair until the deadline. Still think we need another bruiser

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You should stop guessing, it came from 4 different sources

Edit: 5 sources including RIAL

He was 100% on the block
He was shopped so hard he didn’t move at all.

So CMac turns around and grabs him a handful of LD tweeners?
I mean there’s a difference between signing a bunch of LD tweeners for sub mil contracts and trading for 3C for a cost controlled RD.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Fully fit and healthy:

Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colts - LOC
Wood - Kelly - XXXXX

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - XXXXX

Georgiev
Annunen

(I left the X's there as they could be numerous options filled after development and training camp, along with new acquisitions like Brann).

Jeez, I see a LOT of character and resilience in that roster. There's a lot of points to prove. There's redemption. There's playing for huge contracts / upgrades. There will be plenty of fight. I see players who will feel like they owe us.

I expect top 2-3 finish in the entire league. I see us challenging (and winning) the Stanley Cup. We have such quality players to call up in the AHL as well, we have fantastic depth.

We are in for yet another powerhouse year guys, so buckle in. We had some unexpected bad luck last season with injuries (and other things). Get that right, and we are a certain Stanley Cup champion in 2025.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Based on @Pierce Hawthorne math on Nuke's caphit now that we have the schedule, Avs would still be over the cap with a 21 man roster. They couldn't have given Brannstrom 850k instead of 900k .. smh.

98489189198.jpg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What kind of shitty worthless comment is that? Do you believe that everyone on the trade block gets traded?

Are you ok tonight?
I just don’t think he was being shopped as much as people believe he was. As Hench kept saying, it’s unlike GM’s to sort out a position than immediately move on from sorting out said position.

He may have gauged his value league wide, but if he CMac really wanted to move him to clear cap he would/could’ve.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Fully fit and healthy:

Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colts - LOC
Wood - Kelly - XXXXX

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - XXXXX

Georgiev
Annunen

(I left the X's there as they could be numerous options filled after development and training camp, along with new acquisitions like Brann).

Jeez, I see a LOT of character and resilience in that roster. There's a lot of points to prove. There's redemption. There's playing for huge contracts / upgrades. There will be plenty of fight. I see players who will feel like they owe us.

I expect top 2-3 finish in the entire league. I see us challenging (and winning) the Stanley Cup. We have such quality players to call up in the AHL as well, we have fantastic depth.

We are in for yet another powerhouse year guys, so buckle in. We had some unexpected bad luck last season with injuries (and other things). Get that right, and we are a certain Stanley Cup champion in 2025.
love the enthusiasm but I'm pretty sure that's not a cap-compliant roster.

More likely we move Nuke or Landeskog never returns full time. If Nuke is moved maybe we look at Kakko and let him/Kovalenko duke it out for a top 6 role

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
love the enthusiasm but I'm pretty sure that's not a cap-compliant roster.

More likely we move Nuke or Landeskog never returns full time. If Nuke is moved maybe we look at Kakko and let him/Kovalenko duke it out for a top 6 role
One simple word to make it okay.

"Runway"

Have faith in C-mac, he hasn't and won't let us down - ever.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A guy that asked for a trade and then signs for only 2 years is as good as gone.
That’s not necessarily true. I don’t think either side was interested in a long-term deal. They bridged him. Plenty of time now to see if he earns a big contract and if Ottawa is the team to give it to him.

If its trouba, i bet the trade can still happen with the NTC. Very rarely do players turn down NYC
Wait, are you suggesting a Colton-for-Trouba deal or am I totally misreading here

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I thought CMac basically alluded to the fact that Cogs and JMFJ coming back was up to them. Or did I lump JJ in with something he might have been saying about Cogs only?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad