GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Colton isn't going anywhere with a full NTC. It's too late now, he's certainly not going to be a cap dump.

What I want to know is why CMac wanted to trade Colton for a RD. What is/was the plan behind that move and is it somehow linked to the Avs currently being over the cap.

Reactions: Richard88

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Colton isn't going anywhewre with a full NTC. It's too late now, he's certainly not going to be a cap dump.

What I want to know is why CMac wanted to trade Colton for a RD. What is/was the plan behind that move and is it somehow linked to the Avs currently being over the cap.

I’m not sure CMac was actively shopping Colton. Info maybe from another team that inquired about Colton?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Colton isn't going anywhere with a full NTC. It's too late now, he's certainly not going to be a cap dump.

I’m guessing he wasn’t trying to trade Colton. I’m guessing he was asked about him and said it would take a RD to make move him.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Because they were going to get the Ducks to retention on Trouba so its even cap in and out.

Then trade Girard for cap space.

Then use the cap space for a better C than Colton.

It all makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’m guessing he wasn’t trying to trade Colton. I’m guessing he was asked about him and said it would take a RD to make move him.
You should stop guessing, it came from 4 different sources

Edit: 5 sources including RIAL

He was 100% on the block

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
JMFJ to the Blue Jackets.

M2bi5wt.gif

We'll trade for him at the deadline

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
So I guess the last hole we have is a bottom pairing RD.

Perhaps we’ll just ride the season and address at the deadline.

Is there any realistic UFA left that would solve it ?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think they might look for a PTO but I this is probably the defense for now to start the year. Malinski and Brannstrom fight it out for the 6th spot and the Avs keep an eye on the market/waiver wire.
Do you think Behrens is NHL ready and can win a spot on the 3rd pair? Or would he be too redundant so long as G is here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad