GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Has a team ever run a roster that thin?

Probably not.

Effectively... counting Nuke at 4.9m for the whole season and factoring 21 skaters for the whole year is really the minimum if you're planing almost no injuries. Which would have the Avs a bit above the cap and needing to cut. A lot can happen though and right now the Avs can start the season with no moves. A long-term injury may help the Avs, but a short term could burn them. I'd say there is a decent chance that at least once during the year the Avs play short a man to get a free callup.

It was way longer than a week, so be thankful you don't read that thread often.

Not for a whole season. For spurts, yeah.

Yeah... it's not great. But at least it means that we wouldn't be at the mercy of some other team to bail us out in order to be cap compliant. We could make it work. Realistically, somebody will be on LTIR in November and it won't be that big of a deal.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Im still fine with moving Colton.

But, moving Colton, at least for me, wasn’t purely about creating cap space, like it was for others.
The ONLY way I was ok with trading Colton, was if we were getting AT LEAST, an equivalent 3C or better. Never was content with an inferior.

Same applies with Girard, or Manson, or whomever else they could realistically move.

Find me a better player, or an equivalent player who has a cheaper cap hit

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This Trouba story is interesting to say the least and I don't know how the Rangers begin to navigate that. He has the NTC and is well within his right to block any trade. A team not on his list can trade for him or I guess they can waive him but if you're another team you're getting a guy who may not want to be there for family reasons unless it's close to NY. On top of that he's the captain of the team. Good luck.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
If we package Rantanen we can probably cap dump Colton or Girard.

Which then gives us cap space to do nothing with it. Since Colton and Girard are negatives and addition by subtraction is the big buzzword of offseason 2024.

Rantanen ain't bad but he's a floater and has beef with Georgiev (who is an all star).

Reactions: missionAvs

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
noooo-star-wars.gif

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The chances of the Sens catapulting Pinto when their center depth continues to rely on the very, very shaky shoulders of one Josh Norris were very slim to begin with. Fact is because of his really dumb life choices, they got him at a discount.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The chances of the Sens catapulting Pinto when their center depth continues to rely on the very, very shaky shoulders of one Josh Norris were very slim to begin with. Fact is because of his really dumb life choices, they got him at a discount.
A guy that asked for a trade and then signs for only 2 years is as good as gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad