GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Avs are $683,750 over the cap with a 20 man roster right now.

~$1.2m relief from Nichushkin will help make them compliant, but not enough to have a 21 man roster.

Guessing there may be a move coming
Wood!

I'm very curious of a marner trade, then we could discuss comparable trades for mikko to pass time.
You mean you?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

~$1.2m relief from Nichushkin will help make them compliant, but not enough to have a 21 man roster.

Guessing there may be a move coming
I partly agree.

I’m just not sure where that move comes from.

Any player with cap that you move, requires replacing. None of the guys acquired make Manson, or Colton, or Girard expendable. So if you move one, the trade target becomes their immediate replacement.

The only guy IMO that doesn’t necessarily need full replacing, is Wood.

Reactions: Richard88

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Deal with the cap when closer to knowing when/if Nuke's cap will matter.
You don't panic and sell short the first week of the offseason.
Right now the Avs are fine

Nuke, Landy and even Lehky are all still question marks to start the year. Plus we know someone is getting injured before Nuke is due back because we are the Avalanche after all.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I make no claim to having any insider information but as I was taking my morning poop a voice in my head told me that the Avs are in on a Trouba deal.

Manson or Girard go the other way and a third team is paid to retain some salary.

Just the deranged ramblings of an only somewhat sane individual. But the voices in my head have not steered me wrong before.

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Don't think Marner is getting traded
Leafs are trying. But at this point, if I'm Marner and I can just take the shit that's coming from the media/fans, holding on is absolutely the best option for him. He's not going to get a downgrade on freeagency for his current deal, no matter how bad he plays this year. And if he is actually good and the Leafs do something, they will re-sign him for a monster deal.

He just has to be able to cope with the media and fan noise.

Uhm, no we are not? We are 4.6M under

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Leafs are trying. But at this point, if I'm Marner and I can just take the shit that's coming from the media/fans, holding on is absolutely the best option for him. He's not going to get a downgrade on freeagency for his current deal, no matter how bad he plays this year. And if he is actually good and the Leafs do something, they will re-sign him for a monster deal.

He just has to be able to cope with the media and fan noise.

Uhm, no we are not? We are 4.6M under
The number on cap friendly doesn't include Nuke.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The number on cap friendly doesn't include Nuke.
Because it shouldn't. Nuke doesn't count against the cap when the season starts, only when he's reinstated. It eventually might, but we are not over the cap right now. So yes, we have to be prepared to get that money ready, but we are in no hurry.

Reactions: Vaslof

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Very surprised the Ducks weren't involved on Joseph.

Like how do they plan to reach the floor exactly.
They'll probably take on some salary from one of the teams over shedding or NYR who want to dump Trouba.

Though I don't think they technically have to. ELC bonuses counts on the AAV and can count on the cap. The real quirk is that teams are allowed to exceed the cap via bonuses then roll it over to a future year. They need to 'spend' 6.6m more but have 8.25m in potential bonuses. I believe they are allowed to count that in this season even if the bonuses are not met to reach the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad