GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Hold down the fort, boys. I gotta go to a Dr. appointment. Be mostly MIA for about 90 min.
giphy.webp

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
As of right now IF Nichushkin's contract is pro-rated to 5M from his current 6.125M, the Avs can only run a 21 man roster and STILL have to make a move somehow, some way to shed ~40K OR hope and pray Nichushkin remains suspended until his cap hit is pro-rated below 5M.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Colton - LOC
Wood - Wagner - Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
De Haan - 775K Defensemen

Georgiev
Annunen

Healthy scratch at 775K like Caleb Jones.

That roster above is $89,162,500. They need it to be at most $89,125,000 OR hope Nichushkin's cap hit is less.
Weren't Lehkonen and Makar both having surgeries? We could make the difference from them being on LTIR for a bit.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Why do Button and the TSN guys still think Skinner could sign in Colorado?

Have they seen our cap space…?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Weren't Lehkonen and Makar both having surgeries? We could make the difference from them being on LTIR for a bit.
Only Lehky... his surgery and timeline put him right in the midst of camp for a return. Entirely possible he's back prior to the start of the season, at most he misses two weeks.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
One interesting thing to note on the Val cap.

The NHL season seems to be starting slightly earlier this year. I saw Baugh tweet the Penguins home opener against the Rangers is on October 9th.

If that's the opening day of the season, and Nichushkin gets reinstated on November 14th(Which is exactly 6 months to the day from his suspension), that would be 36 days after the season starts... Out of a 180 day season, it would be exactly 20%. That would put Val's contract prorated to be $6.125M x 80%.

Would work out to $4.9M.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
No, Makar is not having surgery, as far as I know. Pretty sure the extent of injury was a parroted tale because he wasn’t as good as last year.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
So here's what I think went down. The Avs had a pure cap dump trade in place and an offer to Stamkos of 2 million for a year.

Cmac was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED that pictures of the Colorado River couldn't sway Stamkos.

So they took Drouin as a backup plan.

Reactions: dahrougem2

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

The NHL season seems to be starting slightly earlier this year. I saw Baugh tweet the Penguins home opener against the Rangers is on October 9th.

If that's the opening day of the season, and Nichushkin gets reinstated on November 14th(Which is exactly 6 months to the day from his suspension), that would be 36 days after the season starts... Out of a 180 day season, it would be exactly 20%. That would put Val's contract prorated to be $6.125M x 80%.

Would work out to $4.9M.
Avs opener is also the 9th, in Vegas.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So here's what I think went down. The Avs had a pure cap dump trade in place and an offer to Stamkos of 2 million for a year.

Cmac was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED that pictures of the Colorado River couldn't sway Stamkos.

So they took Drouin as a backup plan.

How can anybody turn this down?

The bikini bitches on the ol’ River are wild.

IMG_5673.jpg

Reactions: dahrougem2

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Would work out to $4.9M.
Not that it would ever happen but here's where Cmac and Sakic should have a conversation with Nuke.

The team has a lot of dirt on Nuke that could be used as ammo to terminate the contract.

But if Nuke is a good teammate and willing to stay in rehab for another three months then maybe Cmac accidentally deletes all the dirty laundry they got on file.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Would work out to $4.9M.
This season is probably going to be 188 days.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
NAK, Sherwood, Jost, Greer, Dries, Pickard (a day or two earlier).

Which of these ones that got away would you take on their contracts?

None of them and all of them are both perfectly acceptable answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad