GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Again, it's Dater. He's always saying things for clicks. When there is breaking news and he has a source still inside the Avs (like Nichushkin scenarios) I believe it.

When it's players from outside the organization he thinks the Avs are targeting, he doesn't have a clue.
Dater's tweet doesn't explain the Colton thing nor the cap space situation, it just adds to the mystery.

Dater was the first to inform us about the Nuke stuff. He still knows things.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I think Val, or Colton are being moved, but there should be enough pennies left to bring back a roster player in the deal.

It’s just going to have to be cheaper contract than the player going out.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
That’s the point I’m making. Doesn’t really matter how many of these guys we get. If they truly suck, they’re buriable. I have no doubt the bottom pairing is gonna have a 3-4 guy rotation.
Exactly. Until Nuke is active, we should maximize use of his LTIR space, ice full roster and rotate in players to test who should stay. CDH could bounce back like JJ, now I wanna see some youngsters. Maybe Bodqvist.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As of right now IF Nichushkin's contract is pro-rated to 5M from his current 6.125M, the Avs can only run a 21 man roster and STILL have to make a move somehow, some way to shed ~40K OR hope and pray Nichushkin remains suspended until his cap hit is pro-rated below 5M.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Colton - LOC
Wood - Wagner - Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
De Haan - 775K Defensemen

Georgiev
Annunen

Healthy scratch at 775K like Caleb Jones.

That roster above is $89,162,500. They need it to be at most $89,125,000 OR hope Nichushkin's cap hit is less.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So, do we know the Nuke proration rules or are we just guessing?
Nuke doesn't count against the cap until he returns, then it will be on the portion of his salary is applicable for that portion. He'll miss in the realm of 5/6 weeks... so we know roughly. Provided it doesn't extend.

Reactions: tucker3434

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad