GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well, no, it's Dater.
Still, I doubt he'd make that up

There's something fishy going on right now and we don't know what it is yet. Like Pierce said earlier the numbers don't add up, we can't build a team right now with the current cap space.

Plus AJ and @henchman21 said that we were trying to trade Colton for defense (specifically RD), which makes no sense at all since we already have our top 4.

Also the reports earlier this week about teams wanting Manson and we didn't want to trade him...

If true that they made an offer to Stamkos there's something big coming up that we don't know yet.

Reactions: Richard88

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'll admit to not following his career all that closely (at all), but I'm surprised to see CDH is 33. Seems like yesterday he was one of the young guys.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

There's something fishy going on right now and we don't know what it is yet. Like Pierce said earlier the numbers don't add up, we can't build a team right now with the current cap space.

Plus AJ and @henchman21 said that we were trying to trade Colton for defense (specifically RD), which makes no sense at all since we already have our top 4.

Also the reports earlier this week about teams wanting Manson and we didn't want to trade him...

If true that they made an offer to Stamkos there's something big coming up that we don't know yet.
Or it´s just Dater who is full of shit all the time

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I agree. Something else has to be in the works.

Reactions: Balthazar

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The 4th line would obviously be upgraded at the deadline. Nobody should be concerned about a 4th line in July.

Also… Colton, Wood, LOC was quite good. It started to go down hill after the LOC injury. The top-6 is obviously top-tier.
That third line for 8ish million is solid. But not in the traditional defensively strong way.

By the time they make the playoffs the top 6 will be gassed from being over used and playing way too many tough defensive minutes.

Not having a traditional top 6 to score and bottom 6 to defend is fine. That's how most teams are built these days.

But being a 3 line team where the third line isn't good defensively will be rough until the deadline.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Again, it's Dater. He's always saying things for clicks. When there is breaking news and he has a source still inside the Avs (like Nichushkin scenarios) I believe it.

When it's players from outside the organization he thinks the Avs are targeting, he doesn't have a clue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad