GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I mean the whole roster is basically under contract at this point.

Even without Val, I think this is a group you can get excited about, tbh.

Drouin - MacK - Rantanen
Landy - Mitts - Lehkonen
Wood - Colton - LOC
Kovalenko - Wagner - Foudy

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - XX

Georgiev
Annunen
That's an 8 minute per night fourth line. At best. If Colton and the 2.5 million dollar man can even handle 14 minutes and some defensive zone shifts it's doable. Leaves 38 minutes for the top two lines. MacK needs to be at 20ish minutes which leaves the second line at 18 which again is doable.

But it's a house of cards if there is an injury. Wagner and Foudy shouldn't even be your first AHL callups.

And the real ugly problem here is out of your entire bottom six they aren't really good at playing defense. Both at 5 on 5 and the PK. LOC and Wood are your pkers? Then who else? Nuke? Lehk? Landy?

And I'm still very confident that Kovalenko is going to get buried after three games tops and never make it back from the doghouse. Everything about his game screams benched for the season.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Avs hamstringing themselves into not being able to offer anyone has turned out to be the best decision they could have made. This is probably the most mindbogglingly bad free agency day I've ever seen for other teams lol. Loving it
I mean they did go past the record long time ago didn't they?

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Duclair contract for the Isles makes no sense but you know it's coming from Roy

He coached him in junior.

Reactions: Bender

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
That's an 8 minute per night fourth line. At best. If Colton and the 2.5 million dollar man can even handle 14 minutes and some defensive zone shifts it's doable. Leaves 38 minutes for the top two lines. MacK needs to be at 20ish minutes which leaves the second line at 18 which again is doable.

But it's a house of cards if there is an injury. Wagner and Foudy shouldn't even be your first AHL callups.

And the real ugly problem here is out of your entire bottom six they aren't really good at playing defense. Both at 5 on 5 and the PK. LOC and Wood are your pkers? Then who else? Nuke? Lehk? Landy?

And I'm still very confident that Kovalenko is going to get buried after three games tops and never make it back from the doghouse. Everything about his game screams benched for the season.

The 4th line would obviously be upgraded at the deadline. Nobody should be concerned about a 4th line in July.

Also… Colton, Wood, LOC was quite good. It started to go down hill after the LOC injury. The top-6 is obviously top-tier.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We should be making a bunch of 800k offers to a bunch of youngish players or vets who could bounce back while we put Nuke on LTIR. Get them a bunch of ice time and put anyone who cant make it on waivers to get nuke back. Ideally we ice a full roster and just test out whose good. Give them ice time!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So as of right now we're looking at:

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - LOC
Wood - ???? - Kovalenko
Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
???? - ????

George
Annunen

With Nuke at a $5M cap, we'd be coming in at a $85.8M for this group and still needing 3 players to sign.

The math still just doesn't work. Even 3x$775k contracts would be $2.325M. So something likely has to be done still.

Reactions: Richard88

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Their defense when they played us:

Heiskanen - Tanev
Harley - Lindell
Suter - Petrovic

Their defense today:

Heiskanen - Dumba
Harley - Lindell
Smith - Lybushkin

I am MORE than happy with what they did
It's not a disaster. Better than signing Tanev to that contract.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So Nashville's top six now looks like:

Nyquist - O'Reilly - Forsberg
Marchessault - Novak - Stamkos

Their defensive corps is still an absolute tire fire outside of Roman Josi, but they have Saros to cover up.

I honestly consider them big losers of the day, too, because 1) I don't think they can replicate their success from last year (guys like Nyquist, Novak, Evangelista, etc), and 2) those contracts could age poorly very quickly.

Dallas is trying to win right now, not in 3-5 years. Tanev is a way better player than Dumba, and Lybushkin is not an NHL player.

Like I said, I can't wait to play that team in the playoffs if they don't improve their defense at the deadline.

Dallas is trying to win right now, not in 3-5 years. Tanev is a way better player than Dumba, and Lybushkin is not an NHL player.

Like I said, I can't wait to play that team in the playoffs if they don't improve their defense at the deadline.

Reactions: Bender

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
So as of right now we're looking at:

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - LOC
Wood - ???? - Kovalenko
Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
???? - ????

George
Annunen

With Nuke at a $5M cap, we'd be coming in at a $85.8M for this group and still needing 3 players to sign.

The math still just doesn't work. Even 3x$775k contracts would be $2.325M. So something likely has to be done still.

Wagner 4C and Malinski 3RD, both are waiver exempt this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad