GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So the Avs spent a 1st round pick (Walker) and 2 3rds (Trenin and Duhaime) for rentals who didn't really do much and who signed elsewhere today (plus spent next year's 2nd on Lars Eller in 2023).

I'm having a sad.
CMac gave the team the depth they needed for a long run and Bednar ended up not trusting a single one of them. Can't have too much buyer's remorse

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So the Avs spent a 1st round pick (Walker) and 2 3rds (Trenin and Duhaime) for rentals who didn't really do much and who signed elsewhere today (plus spent next year's 2nd on Lars Eller in 2023).

I'm having a sad

Yes, those moves were CMac clearly going in on the roster last year and making a push to compete. They couldn't/wouldn't trade Byram unless they had a viable replacement (Walker), and they couldn't get Walker AND give up RyJo w/o trading their 1st.

Trenin and Duhaime were better depth players than who they had available in the AHL.

It didn't work out, it sucks, but TDL moves, if all teams make them, can only work out for 1 team in the end, and it wasn't us.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Yes, those moves were CMac clearly going in on the roster last year and making a push to compete. They couldn't/wouldn't trade Byram unless they had a viable replacement (Walker), and they couldn't get Walker AND give up RyJo w/o trading their 1st.

Trenin and Duhaime were better depth players than who they had available in the AHL.

It didn't work out, it sucks, but TDL moves, if all teams make them, can only work out for 1 team in the end, and it wasn't us.
You can pay 4.5 million cap for the pleasure of having them for 2 and 4 years. Or just pay third rounders to have them for a playoff run.

4.5 can get you a Drouin and a Wood.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I mean the whole roster is basically under contract at this point.

Even without Val, I think this is a group you can get excited about, tbh.

Drouin - MacK - Rantanen
Landy - Mitts - Lehkonen
Wood - Colton - LOC
Kovalenko - Wagner - Foudy

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - XX

Georgiev
Annunen

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
The knights are being dismantled. The window is shut in my opinion. I’ll never forget what they did for the community after Route 91 and growing hockey out here, but they’ve turned into such an unlikable franchise.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Hypothetically speaking, if you could sign either to the exact same 1 year deal, who do you choose between JJ and Suter?

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Skinner might be a good fit, but do we have the cap space?

Even if Nuke is pro-rated to like 5.1m, that only gives the Avs the min. 20 players. So something's gotta give. Unless they know more about Landy.

999999.jpg

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad