GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
B

balls dont get you cap space.
good lord some of y'all have quite the thing for CMac
true, they dont but balls make you move a core player in order to get younger and better. In the NHL you have to constantly reinvent and make hard choices because of the cap. You cannot keep holding onto players like Moose and G and hope for a miracle in the playoffs. Their stock is high right now, so move one and get a massive return

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Maybe I'm not up to snuff on other players around the league, but who is Nick Jensen and is he good? Wtf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Go on....

Buyouts Outside of the Regular Period​

Clubs whom have 1 or more arbitration filings may be permitted to perform a buyout outside of the regular window. This gives teams another opportunity to become cap compliant following an arbitration case.

Clubs are permitted to perform a buyout outside the regular period during the 48 hour period beginning on the third day after the final of [CBA 13(c)ii]:
  1. Settlement of the Club's final arbitration case, or
  2. Receipt of the Club's last arbitration award

Requirements:
  1. A buyout can only be performed on a player who was on the clubs reserve list at 3:00pm on the most recent trade deadline
  2. The player must have a cap hit of at least $4,000,000 for the 2023 offseason

Reactions: Richard88

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
As noted, with Chychrun gone I gotta think Ottawa wants some D with term. A deal centered around Girard and Pinto? Would take more than that but I could actually see Sammy having some appeal for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad