GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I'd make a play for Robertson. Top 9 upside.
What do the Avs have that would be of interest to Toronto?

Avs most certainly aren't trading their 2026 1st, Ritchie, Gulyayev, or Behrens for him. NYR 2025 2nd maybe but that's their only decent pick for the TDL so also unlikely.

That leaves either our 2027 2nd or 2026 3rd, both of which are years away so low value to Toronto. And prospects like Foudy, Olausson, etc who barely have value. Malinski perhaps but they're signing Tanev and just re-signed Liljegren so that won't interest them.

So yeah, either the Avs would need to drop the NYR 2nd or entice Toronto into a package like 3rd + Foudy/Olausson. I don't see either of that happening.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I’m sick of Cmac being so f***ing responsible when it comes to the cap. Has he not yet caught on from his counterparts? Just sign Jo today and figure the f***ing rest out later. You have Landy who hasn’t played in 2 years. Nuke isn’t even allowed back until November. Lehky probably won’t be ready. You have Manson who’s a porcelain doll.

I realize you need to have the space available to activate Nuke but dear god Cmac, no other GM in the league would give a f*** right now. They’ll fake another injury or figure something out at the time when they need to (if they need to). With the list of bandaids on this team you’ll likely never have to manipulate the cap anyway but if you do, just figure it out like other GM’s have. Acquire a Carey Price, acquire a shea Weber. Have your captain say the f***ing artificial cartilage in his f***ing knee is acting up for 3 weeks until the next band aid can be put on LTIR.

Look, Cmac is a savvy GM. He does some nifty business. I like a lot of what he does. But I absolutely don’t like the fact that he’s an absolute nerd and refuses to bend some rules that are completely bendable. Stop being a p***y. Start doing what the others have been doing forever.

It’s even rubbed off on the fan base. I’m here reading a bunch of civilized internet hockey fans talking about how their GM can’t fit a few million dollars in until November. Come on!!! Where’s the selfish, “Rules don’t apply to our team” attitude other clueless fans around the league expect their GM to pull off today.
Yeah, like I said if the Drouin number is sensible, just f***ing sign the deal and find a way to shed the cap later. We have time. I'm pretty certain that if we put RossCo on waivers, he would absolutely be picked up by someone. So that is a valid emergency exit strategy.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Yeah, like I said if the Drouin number is sensible, just f***ing sign the deal and find a way to shed the cap later. We have time. I'm pretty certain that if we put RossCo on waivers, he would absolutely be picked up by someone. So that is a valid emergency exit strategy.
So in that scenario who is playing 3C when Colton gets waived?

I doubt finding s taker for Colton is the issue. It's finding his replacement at a cheap enough caphit to make it viable to re-sign Drouin

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So in that scenario who is playing 3C when Colton gets waived?

I doubt finding s taker for Colton is the issue. It's finding his replacement at a cheap enough caphit to make it viable to re-sign Drouin
Who is playing top line winger if we don't sign Drouin? Either or, can't have both. I mean I guess if all goes like in fairyland, Lehky is healthy and good to go, Landeskog is actually playing and good enough for a top-6 role, and Nuke actually returns and plays well. I'd say the chances of all three happening are less than 10%.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Avs have been linked to Janmark several times in the past, wonder if they finally get him this time. He may get a slight raise on the $1m he earned this year which might make it too tight to fit in, but if he takes a similar AAV it could be workable. Would be a decent C/LW for the 4th line

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Avs have been linked to Janmark several times in the past, wonder if they finally get him this time. He may get a slight raise on the $1m he earned this year which might make it too tight to fit in, but if he takes a similar AAV it could be workable. Would be a decent C/LW for the 4th line
Gotta pay more for those good looks. Woof.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad