GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
When would nuke be eligible for buyout, is that the first week of November?

He's not.

The first buy-out period for all teams is 48 hours after the Cup finals, aka right now (Suter, Campbell, etc). There is a 2nd buy-out period in August after arbitration hearings, but only for those teams that have players who take them to arbitration.

And you can't just LTIR Nuke unless he's actually injured.

So it's either a. on the team or b. a messy contract termination with an unknown outcome that the NHLPA will fight for Nuke to get his full pay or C i guess, traded

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
He's not.

The first buy-out period for all teams is 48 hours after the Cup finals, aka right now (Suter, Campbell, etc). There is a 2nd buy-out period in August after arbitration hearings, but only for those teams that have players who take them to arbitration.

So it's either a. on the team or b. a messy contract termination with an unknown outcome that the NHLPA will fight for Nuke to get his full pay or C i guess, traded
1st buyout window is already over BTW.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
He's not.

So it's either a. on the team or b. a messy contract termination with an unknown outcome that the NHLPA will fight for Nuke to get his full pay.
So an under the table buyout.. we don't have any say in the reinstatement right? That's the league and nhlpa,

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
darn-darn-it.gif
Not mad about losing out on sam steel. We need to get our own from all those youngsters not getting a QO. Taylor raddysh, maybe. Alex Nylander?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The voice in my head just reported that Steven Stamkos is the first captain of the badly named Utah Yeti.

Just kidding, he's going to Vegas, obviously.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m sick of Cmac being so f***ing responsible when it comes to the cap. Has he not yet caught on from his counterparts? Just sign Jo today and figure the f***ing rest out later. You have Landy who hasn’t played in 2 years. Nuke isn’t even allowed back until November. Lehky probably won’t be ready. You have Manson who’s a porcelain doll.

I realize you need to have the space available to activate Nuke but dear god Cmac, no other GM in the league would give a f*** right now. They’ll fake another injury or figure something out at the time when they need to (if they need to). With the list of bandaids on this team you’ll likely never have to manipulate the cap anyway but if you do, just figure it out like other GM’s have. Acquire a Carey Price, acquire a shea Weber. Have your captain say the f***ing artificial cartilage in his f***ing knee is acting up for 3 weeks until the next band aid can be put on LTIR.

Look, Cmac is a savvy GM. He does some nifty business. I like a lot of what he does. But I absolutely don’t like the fact that he’s an absolute nerd and refuses to bend some rules that are completely bendable. Stop being a p***y. Start doing what the others have been doing forever.

It’s even rubbed off on the fan base. I’m here reading a bunch of civilized internet hockey fans talking about how their GM can’t fit a few million dollars in until November. Come on!!! Where’s the selfish, “Rules don’t apply to our team” attitude other clueless fans around the league expect their GM to pull off today? Even we’re turning into nerds.

Less this:
IMG_5327.jpeg

More this:
IMG_5324.jpeg

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I’m sick of Cmac being so f***ing responsible when it comes to the cap. Has he not yet caught on from his counterparts? Just sign Jo today and figure the f***ing rest out later. You have Landy who hasn’t played in 2 years. Nuke isn’t even allowed back until November. Lehky probably won’t be ready. You have Manson who’s a porcelain doll.

I realize you need to have the space available to activate Nuke but dear god Cmac, no other GM in the league would give a f*** right now. They’ll fake another injury or figure something out at the time when they need to (if they need to). With the list of bandaids on this team you’ll likely never have to manipulate the cap anyway but if you do, just figure it out like other GM’s have. Acquire a Carey Price, acquire a shea Weber. Have your captain say the f***ing artificial cartilage in his f***ing knee is acting up for 3 weeks until the next band aid can be put on LTIR.

Look, Cmac is a savvy GM. He does some nifty business. I like a lot of what he does. But I absolutely don’t like the fact that he’s an absolute nerd and refuses to bend some rules that are completely bendable. Stop being a p***y. Start doing what the others have been doing forever.

It’s even rubbed off on the fan base. I’m here reading a bunch of civilized internet hockey fans talking about how their GM can’t fit a few million dollars in until November. Come on!!! Where’s the selfish, “Rules don’t apply to our team” attitude other clueless fans around the league expect their GM to pull off today.
Great, we have the stickler nerd that makes me filling out some form way more difficult than it needs to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad