GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
GPGAP+/-ATOI
Johansen-Era62132033-114:09
Mittelstadt-Era18437-712:15
Post-Season11134+213:01

I think the bottom line with the Colton situation is he doesn't PK and his ice time/production took a massive hit after Colorado added Mittelstadt.

40 points from a 3C is awesome, but Colton was the Avalanche's 2C most of the season. He had 11 points in 29 games post-Mittelstadt, and only cracked 15 minutes twice - once was the 2OT game against Dallas.

My thinking with the Colton rumors is that Colorado would get big retention on a replacement defensive 3C, and keep Drouin in the process. That would be amazing and the team would be better for it.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
CMac:

Do something.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I expect Vancouver to do something stupid with either Reinhart or Stamkos now that Guentzel is gone.
I'd prefer it if Reinhard and Stamkos did something stupid and both signed here on one year league min deals.

That might force JD to fall in line and sign whatever CMac last handed him too. :sarcasm:

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Crazy that Dreger knows the numbers.

Sounds like tampering happened and Dreger doesn't want to tell which team yet to not make it too obvious.
There’s a tampering period in the nhl nowadays, or atleast I thought there was

Mentally preparing myself for the bargain bin shopping Cmac will do tomorrow. Going to be a pretty boring frenzy for us I bet.
You heard cmac say as much at the deadline

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm not sure why there's so much disappointment/anger around here...maybe there's a massive surprise and I'll have egg on my face, but this so obviously was likely to be a quiet offseason...the Landeskog situation already made this likely; the Nuke mess locked it in. Nothing management can really do in either of the situations -- can't speed along or guarantee Landy's health if he's absolutely intent on returning, and it sounds like they don't have the option of even trying to get out of Nuke's contract via settlement as long as he's in the program, so the entire offseason now has to be structured around his possible November return. These are both unusual and pretty much unsolvable (for now) situations for management.

I also get everyone wants Drouin back, but have we heard any news on his demands? I won't blame management for not bringing him back right now this instant unless we know what he wants. He's 29; injury history; and managed a good 56 point season in a contract year with some prime minutes with top players. He's good, not great, and breaking the bank for him would be idiotic. If Drouin wants long term security or just wants to maximize his career earnings then we should let him walk.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not sure why there's so much disappointment/anger around here...maybe there's a massive surprise and I'll have egg on my face, but this so obviously was likely to be a quiet offseason...the Landeskog situation already made this likely; the Nuke mess locked it in. Nothing management can really do in either of the situations -- can't speed along or guarantee Landy's health if he's absolutely intent on returning, and it sounds like they don't have the option of even trying to get out of Nuke's contract via settlement as long as he's in the program, so the entire offseason now has to be structured around his possible November return. These are both unusual and pretty much unsolvable (for now) situations for management.

I also get everyone wants Drouin back, but have we heard any news on his demands? I won't blame management for not bringing him back right now this instant unless we know what he wants. He's 29; injury history; and managed a good 56 point season in a contract year with some prime minutes with top players. He's good, not great, and breaking the bank for him would be idiotic. If Drouin wants long term security or just wants to maximize his career earnings then we should let him walk.
I want him back because I think he’ll be a bargain contract. He was basically a point per game player after the first 20 games. Those first 20 games bring his number down.

Reactions: Murzu

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I want him back because I think he’ll be a bargain contract. He was basically a point per game player after the first 20 games. Those first 20 games bring his number down.
The ones with Tatar and RyJo

Reactions: Murzu

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'll also add: I'm perfectly okay with Drouin going to market tomorrow to hear offers from other teams. Maybe he gets a dream offer and leaves. That sucks. Or maybe he realizes that other teams are concerned about his history and are questioning if his performance last year is the new, real, improved Jonathan Drouin -- or maybe his performance, dedication, and point totals had something to do with playing with his good friend and the literal f***ing Hart and Ted Lindsay winner Nathan MacKinnon. I basically think the Avs are the absolute best spot for Drouin to be, that nowhere else in the league would he have performed and played like he did last year, and other clubs might think accordingly and not throw money at him.

Oh who am I kidding -- some GMs go batshit crazy every year and can't wait to throw away the money of the billionaires :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00