GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I don’t think the Avs want to accept that Colton is a cap dump and consider him decent value for his contract.

The problem is every team knows we are desperate to keep Drouin and won’t offer anything decent.

Goddamn it. Hate, absolutely hate losing Drouin because of this.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Just sucks that the Avs are getting considerably worse for the second straight year during their Cup window. f*** the cap

I disagree entirely with that summation. We lost TWO top 6 forwards (Nuke and Drouin) for those playoffs, add them in, we were cup bound. Then add a real valuable cog in LOC missing. All that's outside cmac's control. That's also not including Landy of course.

Our defense read: Walker, Johnson, Girard, Manson, Toews and Makar (best combined 6 in the league imo). Then we had absolute gems and quality depth there.

Can we at least wait until we see how things pan out before we condemn C-mac again? He threw egg on so many peoples faces last season.

Reactions: avsfan09

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just sucks that the Avs are getting considerably worse for the second straight year during their Cup window. f*** the cap
Hindsight is showing us that 2022 was their last best chance to win the Cup with this core, and they did that.

After that, new contracts started and it became harder to keep the depth we had, as evident by Kadri, Burakovsky, Kuemper, Sturm, NAK, and whoever else I might be forgetting. Some of those players may not be anything to brag to other teams about, but they were still quality NHL pieces and all played a role in us winning it.

CMac definitely went for it this year, at the deadline he pulled off some stuff that certainly seemed like it was going to set us up to make as good of a run as was possible…we just ran in to an exhausted team going against a PDB led Dallas team that had all the answers.

But the fact remains that from here on out it’s not impossible for the Avs to win it again, but it will require LOTS going right for us

Reactions: obZen and Frenchy

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Hindsight is showing us that 2022 was their best year to win the Cup with this core, and they did that.

After that, new contracts started and it became harder to keep the depth we had, as evident by Kadri, Burakovsky, Kuemper, Sturm, NAK, and whoever else I might be forgetting. Some of those players may not be anything to brag to other teams about, but they were still quality NHL pieces and all played a role in us winning it.

CMac definitely went for it this year, at the deadline he pulled off some stuff that certainly seemed like it was going to set us up to make as good of a run as was possible…we just ran in to an exhausted team going against a PDB led Dallas team that had all the answers.

But the fact remains that from here on out it’s not impossible for the Avs to win it again, but it will require LOTS going right for us

A lot LESS than people think. Just a bit more luck with absences (injuries, illnesses and suspensions). Our window is wide open, and I'd bet there are some HUNGRY players in that locker room. I can see us coming out with a point to prove. Our culture is winning (and that winning is the only acceptable outcome).

Seriously, we lost a lot of quality both in the playoffs and regular season (even G for example for periods).

We had a Stanley Cup roster last season, and we'll have another one again next. Things happened that were completely outside of cmac's control,

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
So we should pay market value for a worse 3C than?

He actually had his best season of his career offensively. Just in his prime. He's consistent and you know what you get (also, a point almost every second game) - on the third line.

Not only is he not over priced, he's value for money.

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
If Landy and Nuke were playing, we would only have 2 4th line forward spots to fill and 1 or 2 6 D spots. We would be licking our chops at all these bargain bin buyouts happening. But Landy and Nuke are not available and that has completely handcuffed this offseason. It's not Cmac fault, his options are going to be pretty limited until he knows what up with those two.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He actually had his best season of his career offensively. Just in his prime. He's consistent and you know what you get (also, a point almost every second game) - on the third line.

Not only is he not over priced, he's value for money.
I'm fine with Colton saying. There's just so many people that want to move on from him but aren't acknowledging the fact that he needs to be replaced by someone.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If Landy and Nuke were playing, we would only have 2 4th line forward spots to fill and 1 or 2 6 D spots. We would be licking our chops at all these bargain bin buyouts happening. But Landy and Nuke are not available and that has completely handcuffed this offseason. It's not Cmac fault, his options are going to be pretty limited until he knows what up with those two.

But to date, he has always well and truly risen to the occasion and surprised everybody with his end product.

Reactions: Avs425

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm fine with Colton saying. There's just so many people that want to move on from him but aren't acknowledging the fact that he needs to be replaced by someone.

I just wish people would have faith in our front office, regardless. We are going to ice an absolute giant next season, ready to stomp every other team in the league. God willing we remain healthy. Let Landy / Nuke return at some point. We'll be there beating arses in next seasons playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00