GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The only thing that really sucks about the Guentzel signing in Tampa, is the narrative for taxes, taxes, taxes gets brought up again, especially since the Canucks were one of the frontrunners for him and their media has been talking about him for months.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bolts are suddenly very exciting again after b2b disappointing playoff exits. I couldn't even begin to imagine...
It takes a lot of courage for a GM to walk away from a very bad contract like the one that Stamkos is about to get. Even more so when the player was your captain and has that kind of history with the team. Most GM's would just sign him.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The only thing that really sucks about the Guentzel signing in Tampa, is the narrative for taxes, taxes, taxes gets brought up again, especially since the Canucks were one of the frontrunners for him and their media has been talking about him for months.
Well we know for a fact that he turned down a 64M offer from Carolina, we'll see how much he gets in Tampa.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well we know for a fact that he turned down a 64M offer from Carolina, we'll see how much he gets in Tampa.
Even if it's a small discount, people are going to be too quick to jump on the taxes thing. Many players probably still prefer Tampa to Carolina. Players take discounts because they like the city.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Tampa should sign Stamkos like 10min before free agency and blow HFBoards to oblivion

And also extend Hedman

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don’t think the Avs want to accept that Colton is a cap dump and consider him decent value for his contract.

The problem is every team knows we are desperate to keep Drouin and won’t offer anything decent.

Assuming Drouin is willing to sign at like 3.5, perhaps they should just say f*** it and sign him.

Worry about the cap moves in November when Nichushkin is ready to come back. Maybe Landy isn't ready at that point either. Or someone else is probably injured.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Assuming Drouin is willing to sign at like 3.5, perhaps they should just say f*** it and sign him.

Worry about the cap moves in November when Nichushkin is ready to come back. Maybe Landy isn't ready at that point either. Or someone else is probably injured.

I agree with this. We can't rely on Landy or Nuke either way. They are simply question marks.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2