GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
f*** it, let’s go big. Trade Mikko for Brady, save a million to help keep Drouin. Won’t happen but I’d welcome that trade. Love Mikko, but he’s just turned into a floater.
Yup, I agree.

I don't know if anyone else caught it but yesterday during day 2 of the draft they interviewed CMac on sportsnet after the Nabokov pick and asked him a bunch of questions. At one point, they asked about free agency and the fact that they can re-sign Rantanen on July 1st and his response was kind of interesting.

He seemed to be taken aback a little bit by the question and then kind of regurgitated a bit of a made-up answer.. Something like "well, we're definitely going to check-in with his agent here in the next couple of days..."

Just thought it was weird because in my mind, that part would have been done a long time ago.

I'm still holding out hope that he makes the right call and moves him out to get a big-time haul back as well as lots of cap-space or a player like B.Tkachuk.

Reactions: jabubenice

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Next 24 hours will be wild and fun for all teams except the Avs. How unfortunate. Even the loser Leafs with the loser core 4 have more room to make fun moves.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Colton's NTC kicks in in less than 8 hours

GgZ4GYn.png

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Didn't remember that. Do we know what kind of NTC it is?
It's a full NTC and it starts at midnight EDT.

They could still pull a Rangers and put his ass on waivers but we'd get nothing in return and if he's unclaimed it gets pretty awkward to say the least.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What do you mean based on what? What details?

These clauses start on July 1st and he has a full NTC next season per Capfriendly.
Yeah, by bad for misreading the site.

Well, we still have what, a bit under 8 hours?

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Yup, I agree.

I don't know if anyone else caught it but yesterday during day 2 of the draft they interviewed CMac on sportsnet after the Nabokov pick and asked him a bunch of questions. At one point, they asked about free agency and the fact that they can re-sign Rantanen on July 1st and his response was kind of interesting.

He seemed to be taken aback a little bit by the question and then kind of regurgitated a bit of a made-up answer.. Something like "well, we're definitely going to check-in with his agent here in the next couple of days..."

Just thought it was weird because in my mind, that part would have been done a long time ago.

I'm still holding out hope that he makes the right call and moves him out to get a big-time haul back as well as lots of cap-space or a player like B.Tkachuk.
My friend you will have to stop teasing me like this . I can't take it anymore :cry:.
B.Tkachuk, is one of my favorite player and the perfect prototype that every winning team should have on their roster .

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Yup, I agree.

I noticed this with his response too. Seemed like he was almost unaware that his contract has 1 year left

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00