GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I think both Drouin and the Avs need each other. I would hope a 4 × $3.5-$4M deal would suffice. Or, bet on himself further, and go for a short term deal (like 2 × $3M) and then try and cash in on a 4-6 year deal once the cap goes up.

Reactions: cinchronicity

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Wasn't the rumor that Trotz wanted a top five pick for him...? Delusional, IMO, but he wasn't taking our crappy picks as the main part of an Askarov deal...Trotz very clearly wants one top end piece back.
I understand what Trotz wants, but look at what the goalie market has been lol. As good as Askarov could be, and cheap on the ELC, two established top-10 goalies just got traded for f***ing nothing. Arguably, Boston paid to get rid of Ullmark as the reigning Vezina winner.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like I said, Drouin had a better season. I think he's better than Domi. CMac responds to Drouin: look at what Leafs paid to this center, who was slightly worse than you points wise last season.

Domi spent half the season playing wing next to Matthews. We all know C is more important than W but sometimes I feel the discussion goes too far in that direction just based on what position a player is listed at.

Reactions: dahrougem2

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

IMG_4664.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wasn't the rumor that Trotz wanted a top five pick for him...? Delusional, IMO, but he wasn't taking our crappy picks as the main part of an Askarov deal...Trotz very clearly wants one top end piece back.
I never said I'd send our crappy picks for him. I said I'd have paid through the nose for Askarov to fix our situation instead of drafting shitty goalies with our picks.

Reactions: Avs44

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Domi spent half the season playing wing next to Matthews. We all know C is more important than W but sometimes I feel the discussion goes too far in that direction just based on what position a player is listed at.
In general, I 100% agree. Centers are overvalued.

But Drouin simply doesn't have a case to get that much more than Domi. If we are using these contracts as comparables.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I never said I'd send our crappy picks for him. I said I'd have paid through the nose for Askarov to fix our situation instead of drafting shitty goalies with our picks.
Gotcha. I interpreted your statement of should have "paid through the nose for him instead of wasting all these draft picks" as advocating for trading the picks; it didn't occur to me you meant we shouldn't have drafted 3 goalies. Still, I don't think we have one big moveable piece for Askarov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad