GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nylander would also be an interesting 1x$1M type of deal. Scored 11 goals in 23 games with Columbus last year.

They could give him a look in our Top 6 to start the year until Nuke/Landy/Lehky are ready to go. Then if he struggles just send him down, if he's playing well find room for him.

I'd say that's too much. Don't think we can go above $1.5M on any 1 player tomorrow.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Vfmpb5p.png

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Teams have been doing Robidas Island deals for years now. Why care now?
We'll see what they do but it's a good thing that they pay attention to cap circumvention. Both this and the playoff LTIR crap.

NHL can't do shit. Tanev will go on LTIR provided the CBA does not change it and the NHL will smile and accept it.
At least they acknowledge it's an issue and they can fix it in the next CBA if they want to

Reactions: Phil Raitt

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I suspect the Avs aren't close in $. Probably offering something that starts with a 2 or very low 3.
Yah probably. Guess we will find out soon enough. Avs probably hoping that his personal friendship with Mack is enough for him to take a bit of a discount instead of more $/uncertain team situation.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
A lot of solid bottom pairing guys are getting squeezed by age and too high cap hits.

That's in my opinion the future of a Zadorov type long term deal.

But if a team is on the up swing and has good value contracts they can allocate a bit of an overpay and have very solid depth for the bottom pair and a playoff run.

Having a Schmidt type as a very good third pairing D who can even step up if there's an injury in the playoffs is great. The Avs can't afford it but it would be nice.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yah probably. Guess we will find out soon enough. Avs probably hoping that his personal friendship with Mack is enough for him to take a bit of a discount instead of more $/uncertain team situation.
I don't blame the Avs for holding firm on Drouin and not just giving him a huge deal. They gave him a chance to play in an excellent environment with his buddy in ideal circumstances.

I don't blame Drouin for wanting to max-out in free agency either. At the same time, if his true hope is to get his max value from the Avs by standing firm in his demands but actually wanting to come back to Colorado at max value, it's unlikely to happen.

There may or may not be teams out there willing to risk a long-term contract seeing his resurgence as a product of playing with the league MVP.

In the end, I think he will re-sign for something comparable to what Domi just signed for but if he doesn't, I would expect the Avs will move on from him when free agency begins.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That Domi deal should really play well into CMacs hand when negotiating with Drouin. He had a better season points wise (especially the latter half of it) than Domi, but I think we can all agree that Domi provides a bit extra to what Drouin does. And he can play center.

Domi really wanted to stay in Toronto. Do you really want to stay in Colorado, Drouin?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I think Drouin walks and we sign Skinner and Suter for cheap. Colton isn’t traded.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That Domi deal should really play well into CMacs hand when negotiating with Drouin. He had a better season points wise (especially the latter half of it) than Domi, but I think we can all agree that Domi provides a bit extra to what Drouin does. And he can play center.

Domi really wanted to stay in Toronto. Do you really want to stay in Colorado, Drouin?

Drouin is better than Domi. If I'm Drouin and his reps, I'm looking at that contract and saying my deal starts at $4.5M/yr minimum.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Drouin is better than Domi. If I'm Drouin and his reps, I'm looking at that contract and saying my deal starts at $4.5M/yr minimum.
Like I said, Drouin had a better season. I think he's better than Domi. CMac responds to Drouin: look at what Leafs paid to this center, who was slightly worse than you points wise last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad