GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I've been hoping they shore up the D first, as things stand, but if Mike Hoffman can be had on a one year deal, as he and his agent have been saying (quoted in another thread), that's almost a no-brainer, especially with an aging core, and starting off the season without Pasta and Marchand. Perhaps if Hoffman is convinced the Bruins are all in, he might even lower his price a bit to play on a contender.

If they can free up the dollars somehow, do it. Then sign Chara for 3rd pairing minutes, and get on with it. Maybe there will be opportunities to add to the D as the season progresses.

Reactions: bbfan419

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
FD315D01-E3A2-44FA-96EE-70FA02C20EE1.gif

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
His qualifying offer was 874k or whatever....He didn't even get that. They don't think he can play.....in the NHL obviously, must be keeping him around for AHL fodder if there is a season. Not qualifying him would look a billion times worse than him getting claimed off waivers.

They have non-tendered players before. How did it look when they cut ties with Connolly 15 months after giving up two 2nd rounders for him (even though that was Chiarelli's deal and not Sweeney's). Or Joe Morrow who was a part of the vaunted Seguin deal? I'd argue both of those were more embarrassing.

I think this is basically Senyshyn's last chance. If he doesn't make it this year, or at least make tremendous strides in the AHL, he's done as part of the Bruins organization and likely gets non-tendered next summer.

On another note, if Senyshyn's qualifying offer was 875k, he's a &**^% moron for not just accepting the QO when it was tendered to him.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Senyshyn has to clear waivers regardless. Generally teams add a second year guaranteed to guys like this (Kuhlman) so they don't get claimed. In Senny's case they are basically begging someone to claim him, and with the lack of a second year shows they have zero regards for him in being a contributor at any point.
Unless that was the ask from his camp?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
And Cehlarik. My understanding is he's been offered a contract beyond just his qualifying offer.

Might just be DeBrusk's replacement if they can't sign JDB. (I kid)

Doing well for himself in SHL. Top of the league for goals and in top 5 total points.

Confidence from coaching staff would do him well plus some extra gears for speed.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Doing well for himself in SHL. Top of the league for goals and in top 5 total points.

Confidence from coaching staff would do him well plus some extra gears for speed.

Ya I wouldn't put much stock into his SHL numbers. Carter Camper (name should ring a bell) is also top 5 in pts, as are some other guys that bounced around the AHL. Only one hasn't had time in NA Pro Hockey and hes a 20yr old 2nd rounder for the Red Wings

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Ya I wouldn't put much stock into his SHL numbers. Carter Camper (name should ring a bell) is also top 5 in pts, as are some other guys that bounced around the AHL. Only one hasn't had time in NA Pro Hockey and hes a 20yr old 2nd rounder for the Red Wings
Chris Bourque also. For some reason we had to watch him pretend to be NHL talent for over half a season.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Dorion of Ottawa had the stones to trade karlsson and he hit the jackpot getting stuzle. Nucks want to trade loui and want to give unprotected 1st round pick. I say nucks are gonna stink it up this year and that pick is gonna be sky high. Let's rebuild on the fly .
Maybe if we have a different GM than Sweeney making the draft pick.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm waiting/hoping for him to be traded. Way too meh of a player with no edge to his game. We've already cornered the market on edgeless and meh.
Disagree. First things first, he is not a good fit for Krejci's line. Secondly, after the Kadri hit, he took a step back. But there is no reason why he cant get back to what he was becoming. Put him on Coyle's line. When he was on there, he looked like a good fit. I'm not giving up on him as a player cause this season was a mess.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
And Cehlarik. My understanding is he's been offered a contract beyond just his qualifying offer.

Might just be DeBrusk's replacement if they can't sign JDB. (I kid)
Any idea on hold up there? Just cant get to an agreed $$$$ or term or is he getting dangled in the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad