NHL Expansion back on agenda?

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
It would be karmically amusing if the same guy whose new arena cost San Diego their NFL team built an arena that gave San Diego an NHL team.
The Chargers were leaving anyway. If Kroenke hadn't gone to LA the Chargers would have built their stadium in Carson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Chargers were leaving anyway. If Kroenke hadn't gone to LA the Chargers would have built their stadium in Carson.
But,. also never felt right that the Chargers and Raiders would share a stadium, being in the same division.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
But,. also never felt right that the Chargers and Raiders would share a stadium, being in the same division.
Yeah, that was always going to be an odd idea.

Truth is, given the Raiders business history and ownership "style," I'm not sure anybody should be sharing a stadium with them. Heck, even in Vegas there were problems with what they wanted to share the stadium with UNLV. I THINK they eventually came to their senses and UNLV got what they wanted, which was a pretty routine situation for stadium use.

But the Chargers were not staying in San Diego unless a new stadium suddenly appeared.

Reactions: dj4aces

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
Bettman saying in today's interview, that there has never been a proper bid submitted by a Québec City group (at 4:55, in english) :

Last edited:
Reactions: Bostonzamboni

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Bettman saying in today's interview, that there has never been a proper bid submitted by a Québec City group (at 4:55, in english) :

That has to be a lie

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
there was a long-standing agreement in place to move the Rams to the AFC in this scenario, it had been agreed to at the last realignment in 2002

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
there was a long-standing agreement in place to move the Rams to the AFC in this scenario, it had been agreed to at the last realignment in 2002
So they’d swap the chargers to nfc west to replace the rams? KC and Den likely want the rivalry with Raiders more than chargers.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The actual wording that Bettman used was something like "Nobody, who has been in a position to do what needs to be done, has come forward and presented a plan that says I'm prepared to do what is necessary to get a team here." To me this sounds like the application by Quebecor was deferred because Quebecor could not come up with the expansion fee, which has been speculated by several people n this board. The poster you replied to simply referred to this as a proper bid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad