GDT: NHL Draft R1 (6/28): 6pm CT (ESPN/ESPN+), R2-7 (6/29): 10:30am CT (NHLN/ESPN+)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We might have a legit top pairing for 10 years now

Where do you guys rank him within the top 5 prospects on this team?

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
How NHL ready is he? One more year at Denver then straight to the NHL?
He's already a top NCAA player so the key for him to give enough time to keep growing his offensive game. We want him to be our next PP QB so as much PP time as possible - not just bottom out as a fine 2nd pairing guy. He is a Hobey Baker nominee already.

So I would think another year in college and dominating the WJC. He'll likely even get time on the WC. Add 5 more pounds to be 6'0" 191lbs.

Then jump right the pros NHL/AHL. Either top minutes at Iowa or right away on the 3rd pairing with #2PP minutes, like Chisholm but at a much younger age and a skillset much easier to translate. He just has nothing left to prove in the NCAA by Year 2 and we just need to give him every opportunity to play against harder opponents.

EDITL Probably Year 3 is when we start seeing him start to bloom in the NHL.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

Don't know.
I trust you more on the NA prospects.
For me Öhgren is #1 because I've watched him play.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Top-4.
Wallstedt is 1.
The other 5 is up in the air for me with Ohgren, Yurov, and Zeev (90% due to his draft position) depending on my mood.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Philly trading down to pick Luchanko is… Questionable.
You know, I never ranked him because I never watched him, but all I've read on Luchanko paints the picture of a pretty good player. I think the Flyers should have taken Buium, but I think that of a lot of teams that passed on him.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
On the Sportsnet interview, Buium stated he was "so happy to be a Wild" but I'm willing to forgive him for that.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
On the Sportsnet interview, Buium stated he was "so happy to be a Wild" but I'm willing to forgive him for that.

There really isn't a good way to say that with the odd (non-plural) team name MN has. It's not grammatically/technically wrong how he said it. It just sounds weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad