GDT: NHL Draft R1 (6/28): 6pm CT (ESPN/ESPN+), R2-7 (6/29): 10:30am CT (NHLN/ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Well, I know there is a lot of BPA but I think it's clear they concluded the same thing I did watching the young LHD in Iowa, despite injuries, being young, etc.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Hm...I don't like this pick. That said, I literally got only 16 names left on my rankings and we still got 60 picks to go. And none I'm super excited about either so I've always said, I didn't like the depth of this draft so ... whatever, I'll give Leskovar pick a pass with the great earlier picks

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This is the 2nd pick I don't like.

Another 4 draft picks spent on LD this year. I'm also meh on the goalie pick.
I like the goalie pick. He's young and you never know how they can develop.

As for why; overager, another lefty defenseman

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Brock Otten of McKeen's and his OHL Blog said "Physical stay at home defender. Mobility took a positive step forward this year in first full year in Missy. Not sure I see NHL upside honestly, but he’s a throwback type they must see a potential role for."

Guess they felt someone else was interested - could've probably invited to prospect camp and then signed at end of season as a free agent?

Alright fellas, thanks for the day and putting up with me. Time to go workout.

Overall, we got f***ing Buium! Ritchie could be a steal where he went. I like the value overall but like most, would've preferred some other later on.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guess they felt someone else was interested - could've probably invited to prospect camp and then signed at end of season as a free agent?

This is true about a lot of players selected in this late in the draft.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
This is the 2nd pick I don't like.

Another 4 draft picks spent on LD this year. I'm also meh on the goalie pick.
Rather just try to get a 2025 5th for it but whatever.

So many LDs in the system.
I don't think the LD matters that much. I've downgraded my thoughts on our D prospects and so, Hunt/Lambos/ROR/Peart will probably end up as bottom pairing dmen. None have any upside. I'm not even sure any of them make the NHL.

Buium and Kiviharju gives us that potential upside that we have none of on the blueline (Buium obviously safer to reach that upside than Kiviharju). Otherwise, we had to draft defensive dmen like Colton Roberts who is a RD. But he would top out as a #4-5 guy. And we still got an equally good guy in Soini a few picks later

We need upside and skill badly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like the goalie pick. He's young and you never know how they can develop.

As for why; overager, another lefty defenseman

I a vacuum I don't mind the goalie pick. I don't like it with how the MN draft has played out this year. It's why it's just a meh pick for me.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't think the LD matters that much. I've downgraded my thoughts on our D prospects and so, Hunt/Lambos/ROR/Peart will probably end up as bottom pairing dmen. None have any upside. I'm not even sure any of them make the NHL.

Buium and Kiviharju gives us that potential upside that we have none of on the blueline (Buium obviously safer to reach that upside than Kiviharju). Otherwise, we had to draft defensive dmen like Colton Roberts who is a RD. But he would top out as a #4-5 guy. And we still got an equally good guy in Soini a few picks later

It's more the fact there are now 5 LD on the reserve list, 4 LD on the AHL roster, 1 RFA LD for the NHL roster, and 1 LD signed for 4 more years, and 1 more LD looking at getting a new 4 year (so 5 total years) deal.

That's 12 LD (not even counting Merrill) in the organization.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's more the fact there are now 5 LD on the reserve list, 4 LD on the AHL roster, 1 RFA LD for the NHL roster, and 1 LD signed for 4 more years, and 1 more LD looking at getting a new 4 year (so 5 total years) deal.

That's 12 LD (not even counting Merrill) in the organization.
Meh... just means you trade from the LD pool

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Can’t wait for Spurgeon 2.0. Yayyyyyy….

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Meh... just means you trade from the LD pool

Yet basically all the trade suggestions on here have been with MN giving up a 1st or Rossi. The LD have been nothing more than a throw in any trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad