GDT: NHL Draft R1 (6/28): 6pm CT (ESPN/ESPN+), R2-7 (6/29): 10:30am CT (NHLN/ESPN+)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Here is a good sign for Ryder: despite underwhelming and average size stats which would normally give you every reason to drop in rankings - my average rankings for him is still #32 and I don't have a ranking lower than #49 (I got 9 rankings having him in the 1st round, 2 as high as #26).

That often suggests that despite stats and average buiild, there's some underlying skills there

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I don't think Milne has the skills to be more than a 4th liner.
I think he has a small shot - if he stays in the AHL this year and gets the minutes he did at the end of last year, I think he has enough grit/mobility to get to the inside of the ice, and enough hands/shot to produce. He was their hottest player the last few weeks if memory serves me correctly.

Montreal selects Saku's son who came on late, had a late growth spurt.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think he has a small shot - if he stays in the AHL this year and gets the minutes he did at the end of last year, I think he has enough grit/mobility to get to the inside of the ice, and enough hands/shot to produce. He was their hottest player the last few weeks if memory serves me correctly.

I like Milne's overall game and motor. I just don't see a skillset that is better than the Shaw or Dewar type of 4th liners we've had lately.

If he's higher in the lineup it's due to injury or things have gone very sideways, and the team is in the tank. I just see better wingers on the team and (what I think are) better FWD prospects ahead of him.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I didn't watch any video or read up much on goalies so here is my skater list.

Becher
Roberts
Wetsch
Jecho
Misa
Boilard
Tarin Smith
Caswell
Curran
Avramov
Moore
Marrelli
Mrsic
Humphreys
Kos
Gustaffson
Romani
Ruohonen
Montgomery
Pridham
Osburn
Lavoie
He
Misskey
Mateiko
Reeder
Fernstrom
Maistrenko
Niemenen
Kol
Satan

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Nooooooooooooooo, Stevey Y took Point from me and now Becher.

Just to clarify, I don't think Becher is at Point's level even as a prospect, just someone I really liked.

And now Wetsch. Alright, all my favs are out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Was very curious to see where Zarubin went(84th), seeing how central scouting elected to not rank him. One of the reasons I value their Euro list very low.

Sticking with the Zs Zether is my favorite player left, and still waiting on Zetterberg, though the other small guys(Poirier/Swanson/Vuollet, Misa I guess too) haven't gone either.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Nooooooooooooooo, Stevey Y took Point from me and now Becher.

Just to clarify, I don't think Becher is at Point's level even as a prospect, just someone I really liked.

And now Wetsch. Alright, all my favs are out.
Colorado took Zellers which also annoys me greatly, long shot, but a lot of fun if he hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad