NHL Entry Draft: NHL Draft Poll - Round 1 - Pick 8 (Toronto Maple Leafs)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

TMLFramedBanner.JPG

The Maple Leafs are on the clock to pick at 8th overall.

This Poll will close on January 15th

MASTER THREAD LINK

1. Columbus Blue Jackets - Auston Matthews
2. Carolina Hurricanes (+1) - Patrik Laine
3. Tampa Bay Lightning (+11) - Jakob Chychrun
4. Anaheim Ducks - Jesse Puljujarvi
5. Edmonton Oilers - Matthew Tkachuk
6. Buffalo Sabres - Olli Juolevi
7. Vancouver Canucks - Alexander Nylander
8. Toronto Maple Leafs
9. Calgary Flames
10. Winnipeg Jets
11. Colorado Avalanche
12. Pittsburgh Penguins
13. Philadelphia Flyers
14. New Jersey Devils
15. Arizona Coyotes
16. Boston Bruins (San Jose)
17. Ottawa Senators
18. Florida Panthers
19. Nashville Predators
20. Arizona Coyotes (Ny Rangers)
21. Ny Islanders
22. Montreal Canadiens
23. Detroit Redwings
24. Minnesota Wild
25. Chicago Blackhawks
26. St.Louis Blues
27. Boston Bruins
28. Carolina Hurricanes (LA kings)
29. Dallas Stars
30. Washington Capitals

Maple Leafs Prospects:
image.jpg

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
My input - I like Michael McLeod here.
He seems like a good center to add to our team - Nylander, Marner etc are the high octane offense type. We need a all around type pivot down the middle, and think McLeod has all the tools.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Think the leafs need a top D prospect here, because after Rielly who do they really have long term? Gardiner then Percy?? Not good.
Went Segrachyov

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
My input - I like Michael McLeod here.
He seems like a good center to add to our team - Nylander, Marner etc are the high octane offense type. We need a all around type pivot down the middle, and think McLeod has all the tools.

I could see the temptation to go with a Dman like Sergachyov but I 100% agree that McLeod would be the right pick for the Leafs here, BPA.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Don't think McLeod is BPA....don't thin khe is a top-10 player in this draft even.

However, he would be a good fit for the Leafs behing Nylander or Marner with the other playing wing.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Think the leafs need a top D prospect here, because after Rielly who do they really have long term? Gardiner then Percy?? Not good.
Went Segrachyov

I think he is tempting - We need a lot of things TBH.
In our position, for this mock, I think McLeod is the right pick here.

I think he follows along in the "need" more than Segrachyov. (but I may be wrong).

Rielly should be a strong number 2D. I don't see MS as a 1D. IMO we have decent crop of 2nd pairing guys.

A potential 1C or 2C, to push Nylander would be a good pick. It is all about whether the scouts think he is good enough.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Don't think McLeod is BPA....don't thin khe is a top-10 player in this draft even.

However, he would be a good fit for the Leafs behing Nylander or Marner with the other playing wing.

I prefer McLeod to Alex Nylander, nothing against the latter who's obviously a great prospect in his own right, but I believe that McLeod is one truly driving that Mississauga team, and that he also shows more untapped potential. I think he's closer to pushing on the top five than he is to ten, especially with the lack of center talent at the top of this draft.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I prefer McLeod to Alex Nylander, nothing against the latter who's obviously a great prospect in his own right, but I believe that McLeod is one truly driving that Mississauga team, and that he also shows more untapped potential. I think he's closer to pushing on the top five than he is to ten, especially with the lack of center talent at the top of this draft.

Agree, he seems like a guy that has a ton of potential to be a steal. Because of graduations, I see him playing a vital role for Canada at the Jrs. I have no doubt by this time next year (after his woldjr showing) he will be the player everyone is talking about (in the CHL) from his draft. Especially with quite a few top end guys likely turning pro.

IMO I would take him in the Tkachuk range in this draft. (likely 5th overall) I would be hard pressed debating on the 2.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Toronto will definitely be going BPA, we need a stud or two at every position, now who will they see as BPA is the real question. My best guess would be either Sergachyov or Gauthier.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Sergachev I can get behind, but I'd rather take Dubois over Gauthier.

Gauthier is a heck of a goal scorer, with tremendous size and strong skating ability. I think he's a more rare commodity, and if he hits his upside, will make more of an impact that Dubois imho...although I do think Dubois has the higher floor.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I picked Sergachyov because out of the remaining players i think he is most likely to hit 1st line/1st pairing upside. With Gauthier being close for me because of his abilty to put the puck in the net. All my opinion of course

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think Dubois is the best available here, and would make a lot of sense with the Leafs prospect pool for the future.

McLeod makes some sense as well, though really depends on how he builds through the rest of the season. More of a "needs fit" thing though.

Can't help but think Dubois to Vancouver just ahead of this, and Nylander to Toronto wouldn't make more poetic sense at least. And probably fit each team's drafting tendency more in any case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad