GDT: NHL Draft Combine: June 4-10, Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Draft is in 2 weeks. Habs have plenty of time to invite few players to visit Montreal, go to lunch and to Chez Paré.
Doing it that way is more discreet
Good point, it is better. The other thing is there draft slot means they need to consider like 6/7 players and nevermind our media assumed slaf wasn't the pick because he wasn't taken to dinner

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I think it’s a combination of factors: avg foot speed + not a big boy like Ovy + zero defensive awareness (reportedly) + all encompassing Russian & Ukraine war factor + perhaps the biggest contributor … scouts not seeing him especially vs his draft peers this past season

Ovy had very poor defensive awareness (and even 19-years post draft remains very mediocre), but talent + size + compete level + speed blew all other factors out of the water.

Seemingly Michkov doesn’t have multiple positive attributes that have pushed the needle to not doubt about it top-2 pick
Compete level? Guy was the biggest quitter, pouter I ever saw. Every playoff up until the Cup he folded like a cheap lawn chair with a fat lady on it every time they got down. No there was no compete in Ovy until very late in his career and I wonder how much of that had to do with Bruce Boudreau.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Compete level? Guy was the biggest quitter, pouter I ever saw. Every playoff up until the Cup he folded like a cheap lawn chair with a fat lady on it every time they got down. No there was no compete in Ovy until very late in his career and I wonder how much of that had to do with Bruce Boudreau.
Ovy never backed down physically, in fact became more & more of the individual doing the engaging…. that’s compete, not folding like a lawn chair which is what Kaprizov, Matthews, Marner et al do regularly

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Maybe they don't want media and other teams having any insight into our pick. As far as I know there's nothing stopping them from talking to whichever players they want whenever they want right?
My conspiracy theory is that they took some guys to private dinners and told them to not tell anyone as some kind of galaxy brain test.

• Wow
Reactions: Shred

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
My conspiracy theory is that they took some guys to private dinners and told them to not tell anyone as some kind of galaxy brain test.
That's what I said earlier accompanied by this picture lol

theory-1553634761.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bcv

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really wanted to see more of Musty but just haven't had the time, I know the one time I recall seeing him I wasn't overly impressed but like Rehkopf I could see right away how some teams will reach on the size/skill tools.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Just dinner?

Take him out for dinner, massage, mani-pedi, go see a movie, take him out to the bar for drinks, and then tuck him into bed at his hotel room at the end of the night.

I wonder if he's a spiderman fast x or little mermaid kind of guy.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I doubt he'll make an amazing impression during an interview.
Ikr.. this is some 17yo kid from boondocks russia who happens to be good at hockey.. does he even speak English? I'm sure he'd be really chatty, telling jokes... kent is probably bored to tears with these kids.. i have 10 employees 17-19yos, in sports environment.. all good kids, polite, smart... but they all seem so vapid nowadays? Or am I just getting too old?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs get 3 more years out of a Fantilli than Michkov. Plays a factor in why Hughes trying to move up.

Would you give up a Guhle for extra 3 years of Fantilli? Creates room for Harris also.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Habs get 3 more years out of a Fantilli than Michkov. Plays a factor in why Hughes trying to move up.

Would you give up a Guhle for extra 3 years of Fantilli? Creates room for Harris also.
No!!

Guhle is gonna be our #1 D and has transitioned well so far to the NHL, every time he’s on the ice I’m impressed to another level.

I’ll go with Guhle and Leonard/Michkov/Smith and whoever our 31st pick would be over Fantilli.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Marinaro's frequent guest for prospects, Steve "the snake" Boiverst had Stutzle 1st overall. And he's a French Quebecer! The amount of heat he took leading up to the draft was hotter than Havana. And he had Makar 1st overall his draft year.

Guess who he has 2nd overall this year, way ahead of 3rd overall?

Michkov.
Snake is Benchbrawl. Confirmed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I really wanted to see more of Musty but just haven't had the time, I know the one time I recall seeing him I wasn't overly impressed but like Rehkopf I could see right away how some teams will reach on the size/skill tools.
Musty really depends on when you see him. Ive seen him look like a legit Lindros with his physical edge, skills and drive and Ive also seen him be Armia. Its super tough.

I read that he acknowledged his inconsistencies and wants to get the physical part of his game down good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Musty really depends on when you see him. Ive seen him look like a legit Lindros with his physical edge, skills and drive and Ive also seen him be Armia. Its super tough.

I read that he acknowledged his inconsistencies and wants to get the physical part of his game down good.

that's interesting, hope someone drops to us at 31 or we move up. Musty is interesting. I know many don't care for Charlie Stramel but with him having a new head coach instead of the shit one he had (although his team stinks so I don't expect much to change next year) he's someone I would keep an eye on if he falls although the skating is not good.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
that's interesting, hope someone of interest drops to us at 31 or we move up. Musty is interesting. I know many don't care for Charlie Stramel but with him having a new head coach instead of the shit one he had (although his team stinks so I don't expect much to change next year) he's someone I would keep an eye on if he falls although the skating is not good.
I havent seen the same level of offensive tools in Musty. Stramel is nice and all but Musty is like, really toolsy. He reminds me of Dach quite a bit, type of player that makes teams look dumb for passing.

If he does pan out, of course. I have him inside my top 15, hes neck and neck with Sale for the biggest boom-bust prospect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I havent seen the same level of offensive tools in Musty. Stramel is nice and all but Musty is like, really toolsy. He reminds me of Dach quite a bit, type of player that makes teams look dumb for passing.

If he does pan out, of course. I have him inside my top 15, hes neck and neck with Sale for the biggest boom-bust prospect.

I would think Musty goes high, top 20ish but I would think Stramel will fall to the 40's maybe but if he falls I would be interested depending where and who's around. Sale I would trade up for but I would want to know who f***ed up on Kulich first and then see if others think he's at that level or not.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I would think Musty goes high, top 20ish but I would think Stramel will fall to the 40's maybe but if he falls I would be interested depending where and who's around. Sale I would trade up for but I would want to know who f***ed up on Kulich first and then see if others think he's at that level or not.
Nobody f***ed up on Kulich, and nobody is going to f**k up on Sale, it has to do with not so sexy looking stats in defensive extraliga, and them thinking those players have bad work ethic, consistency whatever, i can't blame them, but one thing is unbelievable many scouts don't even aknowlede that Sale's stats are superior to Jakub Voracek, Tomas Hertl, Necas who was given every chance in the world on stacked team and much better than Kulich. Same thing happend to Svozil who is going to be a monster. For Sale i would love him to be picked in 20s, it just works with czech forwards.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nobody f***ed up on Kulich, and nobody is going to f**k up on Sale, it has to do with not so sexy looking stats in defensive extraliga, and them thinking those players have bad work ethic, consistency whatever, i can't blame them, but one thing is unbelievable many scouts don't even aknowlede that Sale's stats are superior to Jakub Voracek, Tomas Hertl, Necas who was given every chance in the world on stacked team and much better than Kulich. Same thing happend to Svozil who is going to be a monster. For Sale i would love him to be picked in 20s, it just works with czech forwards.

Voracek was drafted out of the Q. One of the best players ever to play for the Mooseheads, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad