NHL 94. twitter

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
nhl 94 tends to get the most love, but all the early ones were fun. My personal favourote was actually nhl 95 when they introduced a some breakthrough features that we now consider standard, such as a season mode, and trades. They even would have an awards show at the end of the year.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Thought this was going to be twitter somehow being mentioned or appearing in a video game from 1994.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I was an addict from the day they brought out 92. Used to have huge tournaments with friends. That version you couldn’t see who the players were beyond their numbers and you couldn’t change up the lines. So you’d often play with your friends with just the starting lineup all game instead of using lines. It was simpler and often more fun. I had to find a hockey digest to know who was who on half the teams. Everyone would play with Chicago (Roenick), LA (Gretzky) or Pitts (Lemieux).

Thanks to that hockey digest I used Calgary and laid waste to my enemies.

Roberts - Nieuwendyk - Fleury
Suter - MacInnis
Vernon

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I like 99 the best, with the Lindros cover and amazing features for the time.

And that intro? Sheesh..

Loved the balance in that one. When I loaded up the roster my 99 overall create a player didn’t shine too much, everyone scored lots, so then I tried having an awful roster and one star. I forget the exact results, but 120+ points for one guy, then 45 and below for everyone else, which makes sense. Then I figured maybe one decent player would help, so I picked up Kevin Dineen. I forget the exact numbers, but Dineen got between 80-120 points, and my created star scored 150+ or somethin ridiculous. Point is, the game did a really good job keeping scoring stats reasonable, to the point where 10 year old me started simming whole seasons just to see the effects of different rosters on scoring. Shit, learned a lot from that?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
nhl 94 tends to get the most love, but all the early ones were fun. My personal favourote was actually nhl 95 when they introduced a some breakthrough features that we now consider standard, such as a season mode, and trades. They even would have an awards show at the end of the year.
Yup, 95 with the trades and create a player. You could at least keep rosters current for 1-2 years after.

I remember trading for players and I kept releasing a jobber create a player to ensure the uniform number was correct for the traded guy, and my Niklas Sundstrom won the Selke Award every year.

Reactions: FloJack and DaveG

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
As someone who wasn’t born yet I think this has to be pure nostalgia goggles, this game is primitive AF and boring. I remember playing it that one year where they included it with the newer NHL for free. Current games have their issues but this barely even resembles hockey

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Nice, I also prefer 95. Comfortably so.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
And that intro? Sheesh..

Loved the balance in that one. When I loaded up the roster my 99 overall create a player didn’t shine too much, everyone scored lots, so then I tried having an awful roster and one star. I forget the exact results, but 120+ points for one guy, then 45 and below for everyone else, which makes sense. Then I figured maybe one decent player would help, so I picked up Kevin Dineen. I forget the exact numbers, but Dineen got between 80-120 points, and my created star scored 150+ or somethin ridiculous. Point is, the game did a really good job keeping scoring stats reasonable, to the point where 10 year old me started simming whole seasons just to see the effects of different rosters on scoring. Shit, learned a lot from that?
I consider that the golden age of sports video game intro’s, just after the advent of FMV but before the CTE lawsuits:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
As someone who wasn’t born yet I think this has to be pure nostalgia goggles, this game is primitive AF and boring. I remember playing it that one year where they included it with the newer NHL for free. Current games have their issues but this barely even resembles hockey

South Park did a whole thing about this kind of situation, it's called member berries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad