NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArthurAnyMoreDonuts

Sep 20, 2019
I love your avatar... where did that come from? Davinci?

The only thing that would make it better would be if Dad or Mom were wearing Oilers jerseys.

Thank you. Yes, I believe he painted it after the Mona Lisa.

I think he did a great job depicting what naughty kids in Calgary receive on Christmas instead of a lump of coal.

Last edited:

Gaud

May 11, 2017
That is such good news. I don't get how anyone thought it would be a good idea to have it on the ice in the first place.
the only reason i saw for it myself is confirmation that there is ice tilt at least in one scenario.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
the only reason i saw for it myself is confirmation that there is ice tilt at least in one scenario.
It kind of goes against what many view as ice tilt. The pressure meter only stands to favor the teams who sustain zone possession. Ice tilt theoretically tilts the ice in favor of the team that seemingly isn't controlling the play. And I believe that it's quite noticeable when you play H2H against the the AI on high difficulty.

I believe the pressure meter was a tool to try and convince players to pass more and change the way they approach the offense in this game. Cycles were effective in the game before the meter was a thing. And there are still an abundance of players who think that forcing the cross crease is the only way to score.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
you can create/edit players for franchise mode, just not after starting one.
Yeah I'm talking about the latter. 2k lets you add created players mid-season and you can create prospects/draft classes. Something like that would be great in franchise mode and keep things interesting.

Reactions: M88K

Gaud

May 11, 2017
It kind of goes against what many view as ice tilt. The pressure meter only stands to favor the teams who sustain zone possession. Ice tilt theoretically tilts the ice in favor of the team that seemingly isn't controlling the play. And I believe that it's quite noticeable when you play H2H against the the AI on high difficulty.

I believe the pressure meter was a tool to try and convince players to pass more and change the way they approach the offense in this game. Cycles were effective in the game before the meter was a thing. And there are still an abundance of players who think that forcing the cross crease is the only way to score.
hahah yeah i see that too, but there is also the comparison that comes from looking at the pressure meter vs. that bogus sequence that occurs whenever the game feels like giving your opponent a goal.

I usually play offline mode, but i swear there must be some sort of cap on shutouts, because these games will always have a sequence where things go laughably wrong just to "grant" your opponent a goal. Like you hit the guy at the blue line, he falls but recovers before you do and keeps the puck. You lift that guy's stick but the puck goes off to the side to his teammate. You poke check that but the puck is lost and he picks it up again. You kneel to block, but your other D comes back to pick it up and accidentaly pushes it in. I was playing one of the Moment trees and all the challenges were pro and under.. it was like every game! if they got even a single shot, it was a goal! Not talking breakaways here either - like backhand dumps from the blue line with no one in the way type of things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad