GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, we're finally here... in 24hrs the draft lottery will be upon us! I'm sooooooo f***ing stoked!

not gonna lie.. I got a strangely calm and positive vibe about tomorrows lottery, and us getting 1st or 2nd ... its probably means nothing...

.. check that.. it's absolutely means nothing lol

...But hey, this whole tank season has been about Daring to dream big and I'm a daring man! everyone one best being doing their strongest spells, incantations, sacrifices and prayers like mad! We getting 1 or 2!!!
So, whose voodoo doll should we be sticking needles into — Bettman?

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
We need some of that Forum Ghost magic!!!

1715035593872.png

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
No sub-6 foot player hopefully, we don’t need more. However, it all depends on how the Habs’ list is put together and where their tiers fall. I would not pass on elite skill for size, but if we’re lucky, we can get both with the same player.

I hear ya, but there's no way I'm passing on Demidov if he's available because of size. Catton vs others gets a little muddier, but I think he's really not as small as he's being portrayed, I'm not sure why 1 inch or 10 lbs makes such a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I hear ya, but there's no way I'm passing on Demidov if he's available because of size. Catton vs others gets a little muddier, but I think he's really not as small as he's being portrayed, I'm not sure why 1 inch or 10 lbs makes such a difference.
Catton at 5'11" (just shy) and 185 lbs is fine. 5'11", 200 lbs, like Suzuki's better.

I honestly believe that Catton brings so much vision and the skills to make happen what some can't even imagine, in the first place, that not being 6'3" and 215lbs won't make much of a difference, honestly.

However, if Lindstrom is available, I select him above Demidov and Catton.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
730 pm is a disaster for me I'll be on my drive home from work ffs

habsfan891....only 1 thing you can do.......tomorrow before work , pick up a finger split for $4 at the drugstore.
Go for dinner break, then put it on and go back to work,.Tell the boss you gotta go home early, you think you broke a finger, just waiting on Xrays..........problem solved.
Screenshot_20240506-200547_kindlephoto-9827990.png

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If you pick Demidov above Lindstrom, I also think you should pick Catton above Lindstrom. I honestly don't think that the difference in skill, between Demidov and Catton is that big. The vision isn't that far off either.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think the possibility to trade up is there this year. Considering how open the draft gets at 2 perhaps whoever is at 2 bets on their guy being there at 5 or 6. It's a possibility this year, more than most years

Every year the chatter from media is team X willing to trade 2345 pick....all smoke and clicks....nothing ever comes out of it.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Catton at 5'11" (just shy) and 185 lbs is fine. 5'11", 200 lbs, like Suzuki's better.

I honestly believe that Catton brings so much vision and the skills to make happen what some can't even imagine, in the first place, that not being 6'3" and 215lbs won't make much of a difference, honestly.

However, if Lindstrom is available, I select him above Demidov and Catton.

You had me until Demidov. ;)

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
If you pick Demidov above Lindstrom, I also think you should pick Catton above Lindstrom. I honestly don't think that the difference in skill, between Demidov and Catton is that big. The vision isn't that far off either.

I believe Demidov is a tier above Catton, but love his upside. I just have him and Lindstrom in same tier and would opt for the much larger player. If Lindstrom was gone I'd have no issue with Catton.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How many people who come across as knowing everything about Demidov have seen him play one full game? So many on here are raving about a player they have never seen play other than a few highlights.
I am not saying he isn't a future star but I haven't seen him play at all.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
habsfan891....only 1 thing you can do.......tomorrow before work , pick up a finger split for $4 at the drugstore.
Go for dinner break, then put it on and go back to work,.Tell the boss you gotta go home early, you think you broke a finger, just waiting on Xrays..........problem solved.View attachment 866062
I work in a hospital lmao I'd be told to go upstairs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Never said nor implied that we should pass on Demidov on account of size, that is strictly your take.

I was very clear that I wouldn't pass on elite skill over size and Demidov is, by the overwhelming majority of accounts, elite skill.

You may not be sure why size makes a difference but the playoffs say otherwise and teams that have it, have found success in recent years but not on account of size alone -- it's part of the equation.

Also, nothing wrong with having some undersized players but we are not the Panthers, Vegas and others who have tended to build their teams around a certain prototype of player. You can only have so many smallish players and as you are well aware, we have more than a few in the organization. Again, I wouldn't skip over elite skill if it falls to us, but otherwise would be mindful of it.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If anyone plays Eastside.

I got to this draft as I just got back into it. Habs finished 5th and kept the pick. Chicago got first overall because they had 15 wins and they selected...

Levshunov. Celebrini went 2nd.

I got Lindstrom at 5 and then Silayev with the Jets pick. The rankings aren't fully up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad