GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
As always, but every year there are better player drafted in the later portion of the draft, that's the nature of a draft. It's not about throwing dart (god I hate that expression), it's making sure you get good value and a player your scouting want.
Right. Picking the best player, regardless of position.

Reactions: Tyson

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I heard via some contacts that we are ending with the 7th choice.

:sarcasm: (Had to add it in case I get permabanned.)

I’m KIDDING!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Puberty hit Dickinson like a ton of bricks.

1715114516287.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I bet they pick BPA
Picking for need landed us Michael MacCarron and Jesperi Kotkaniemi...no thanks.
When the Habs picked Carey Price at #5, pundits were beside themselves because Theordore was only 29 and entering his prime. The BPA you draft today is for 3-5 years from now. Things change quickly.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Picking for need landed us Michael MacCarron and Jesperi Kotkaniemi...no thanks.
When the Habs picked Carey Price at #5, pundits were beside themselves because Theordore was only 29 and entering his prime. The BPA you draft today is for 3-5 years from now. Things change quickly.
yup, agree
You pick a D man and turns out to be a HUGE stud, no one will look back and complain

• Love
Reactions: 26Mats and Tyson

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The scouts are all lying. :laugh:

The fix is in conspiracy theory would run rampant if this ever came off.
The NHL would never live it down.
If it came out the NHL had fixed the lottery, even a couple of times, it would be forgotten about before next season starts. Black Hawk organization is the scum of the earth. No one cares.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
yup, agree
You pick a D man and turns out to be a HUGE stud, no one will look back and complain
So long as we pick the right D man in this case, there is a glut of them ranked around where we pick and likely half of them won’t hit their draft potential..

Meanwhile at FWD, there’s a couple real solid picks that IMO are locks to be producers with some decent upside. First being Iginla, second being Helenius. Lindstrom and Catton also intrigue the hell out of me, but they have much lower floors.

If I’m Hughes the pick stays at 5-6-7, there’s no way I’m not taking Iginla if he’s on the board.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
So long as we pick the right D man in this case, there is a glut of them ranked around where we pick and likely half of them won’t hit their draft potential..

Meanwhile at FWD, there’s a couple real solid picks that IMO are locks to be producers with some decent upside. First being Iginla, second being Helenius. Lindstrom and Catton also intrigue the hell out of me, but they have much lower floors.

If I’m Hughes the pick stays at 5-6-7, there’s no way I’m not taking Iginla if he’s on the board.
maybe trade down?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

yup, agree

I agree with this. But Hughes has been pretty clear in interviews need is playing a big role in their discussions about who to draft. He also said if a left shot D is the BPA at where we're picking, he'll look to trade down.

But we can't be short sighted. What we still need above all is top talent. The Ducks just got Cutter Gauthier for Drysdale. We could get a king's ransom for Guhle, Hutson, or whoever we draft with our 1st if they're an elite LD.

Reactions: Habs7631 and Tyson

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I agree with this. But Hughes has been pretty clear in interviews need is playing a big role in their discussions about who to draft. He also said if a left shot D is the BPA at where we're picking, he'll look to trade down.

But we can't be short sighted. What we still need above all is top talent. The Ducks just got Cutter Gauthier for Drysdale. We could get a king's ransom for Guhle, Hutson, or whoever we draft with our 1st if they're an elite LD.
KH could easily trade down, and work a couple teams against each other to move up

Reactions: Tyson

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So is this actually going to be at 6:30 or we going to have a whole rigamarole?
Well it’s not like they’ll start doing the countdown at 1831, they’ll be some yipping and yapping for 10mins talking about the teams and the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad