NFL 2024

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We've had the discussions before about how NFL treat players especially QB's worse than the Knights treat players.

However, as quickly as teams are at getting rid of former 1st rounders at the QB position there is always another team willing to give them a go.

This really does have an impact on a guy like Rourke who doesn't have that 1st round flash tied to his name. Even if he has more talent teams will keep going to that well of 1st rounders that are seemingly out there every year.

It really is a long and somewhat impossible battle for Rourke. Not only does he need to look great in practice and great in pre-season games, but he needs someone that believes in him and luck.

Is anyone from his college years with any NFL organization?

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone interested in a Dynasty Football Start up? 0.5 PPR TEP START 9

27 Round draft, slow draft starts August 18th.

Solid group of guys just need 1 more to fill the league. $100 initial buy in and then $50/year each year after.

I’m the commissioner of the league.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Odd don’t see how he cracks their lineup

Fighting for the number 3 job at this point. If Cousins gets hurt, it’s pretty wide open. Pretty good money if he sticks. Falcons have been interested in him for awhile now. Be interesting to see what he can do if given the chance in pre season.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
They'll dick around with him too. I can't understand how a QB like Mitch Trubinsky played in the league for years yet Nathan Rourke can't get on an active roster. Watch the NFL dick around with his brother too who is bigger and has better College numbers than Nathan.
NFL teams have a lot of garbage QBs in their system, starters and backups. They'll live and die with their draft picks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They'll dick around with him too. I can't understand how a QB like Mitch Trubinsky played in the league for years yet Nathan Rourke can't get on an active roster. Watch the NFL dick around with his brother too who is bigger and has better College numbers than Nathan.
NFL teams have a lot of garbage QBs in their system, starters and backups. They'll live and die with their draft picksrourke
Rourke isn’t that good ….. that’s why

Only ones that think he’s good is Canadians

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
NFL teams have a lot of garbage QBs in their system, starters and backups. They'll live and die with their draft picks.
Trubisky had some ok years in the NFL. Weird player to single out. I don’t really buy that Rourke is getting shafted by teams. Maybe he’s just not out performing others at camp.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Trubisky had some ok years in the NFL. Weird player to single out. I don’t really buy that Rourke is getting shafted by teams. Maybe he’s just not out performing others at camp.
Nothing weird about it. Trubinsky was trash in Chicago and in Pittsburgh. Not sure when he had these "OK" years.
Rourke isn’t that good ….. that’s why

Only ones that think he’s good is Canadians
How do you know he's not that good? He played a preseason game in the NFL. There's nothing to judge him by but his performance in the CFL where he was fantastic. Rourke being Canadian has no bearing on how I feel about him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nothing weird about it. Trubinsky was trash in Chicago and in Pittsburgh. Not sure when he had these "OK" years.

How do you know he's not that good? He played a preseason game in the NFL. There's nothing to judge him by but his performance in the CFL where he was fantastic. Rourke being Canadian has no bearing on how I feel about him.
I haven’t played in the nfl either. There is a reason rourke is bouncing around so much he just isn’t great

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I haven’t played in the nfl either. There is a reason rourke is bouncing around so much he just isn’t great
I'm sure we are biased because we are Canadians, but there is a bias among teams towards high draft picks, really in any team sport. They get an what eventually turns out to be an unreasonable number of chances to prove that they weren't mistakes. Rourke, and players like him, don't have the pedigree that NFL teams look for, so often are never given a real chance. I have no doubt that he could be a decent backup in the league, based on the quality of QB's I've seen the past few years.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Made the playoffs in 2018 / 2020. They would have won that playoff game against the Eagles too in 2018 if their kicker didn’t shit himself. A lot of worse QBs to point out that’s all I’m saying. He’s still a serviceable backup in the NFL he just never lived up to his draft spot / hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
the most important asset is to have talent, he doesn't excel at any in the NFL. Size does matter in NFL. Anyways he is where he belongs now.
Small qbs can and are successful in nfl. Guys have played under 6 feet. You just have to have talent

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00