Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson
Perron - Greig - Amadio
Ostapchuk - Halliday - Jenik
Mac Ewan

Sandy - Zub
Chabot - Jenson
Kleven - Yakemchuk

That leaves 4.5M and only a 7 D to sign.

What do the Sens do?

Are my assumptions likely correct?

I like a 4th line with 3 x C's on it, because of versatility, but will it work?

Where should they use the 4.5 to upgrade?

And most importantly, is this roster good enough?

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I don't think you'll get Greig or Kleven on bridge deals at those numbers.

Greig will likely be looking for a Pinto type bridge (~3.5-4M) assuming he puts up 40-50 points, while Kleven is likely to also be around ~3M on a bridge if can play a solid 17-18 minutes a night all season this year.

I'm also skeptical of Ullmark at 7M. If he does what we hope in ~60 games, he's probably asking for closer to 8M.

If we want to keep everyone, including Giroux, it'll be do-able but pretty tight. I don't think we'll have $4.5M to spend in free-agency. Maybe around ~750k-1M.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good in Osgoode

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Not 100% if some of your assumptions are accurate, such as Ullmark signs at $7M (may need to be more like $8Mish to keep him here), Meri signs at $1M (and is ready), and that Yakemchuk is ready to stay.

That said, going with that premise, I think we may need to upgrade 2 out of our 3 4th liners to be good role players who can skate/defend/fight if needed. In addition, unless Kleven really proves himself, may want to try to upgrade his spot instead of investing $1.5M with someone more reliable and Kleven can be 7 D (or you sign someone else cheaper).

If those players prove themselves and not as much upgrading is needed there, perhaps we get a fringe top 6 player who can push Amadio down and play with Perron and Greig?

Proposed upgrades below:

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson
Perron - Greig - Amadio (New signing could go here and push down Amadio)
Ostapchuk/New signing - Halliday/New signing - Jenik/New signing
Mac Ewan

Sandy - Zub
Chabot - Jenson
New Signing - Yakemchuk
Kleven/New Signing

Ullmark
Merilainen

I do think this could be a competitive team with those upgrades, assuming they do well this season and get the experience of competing in/for the playoffs.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I don't think you'll get Greig or Kleven on bridge deals at those numbers.

Greig will likely be looking for a Pinto type bridge (~3.5-4M) assuming he puts up 40-50 points, while Kleven is likely to also be around ~3M on a bridge if can play a solid 17-18 minutes a night all season this year.

I'm also skeptical of Ullmark at 7M. If he does what we hope in ~60 games, he's probably asking for closer to 8M.

If we want to keep everyone, including Giroux, it'll be do-able but pretty tight. I don't think we'll have $4.5M to spend in free-agency. Maybe around ~1M.

Fair enough. But if Greig outs up 50 and Kleven earns a 3M bridge then I think don't need much else, assuming nobody drops off significantly or is replaced by equal cap value players.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I won't be surprised if it takes $8 million aav for 8 years to sign Ullmark. The cap going up makes a deal that would've been $6.5-7 million aav go up.

I can see Greig putting up 40-50 points this season so he'll be in a position to negotiate a nice bridge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad