Confirmed with Link: Next head coach of the San Jose Sharks Upd it's Warsofsky

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
It was always Coach Kunin! The first player-coach to be in the 21st Century!

On a serious note, this was an interesting read, a couple of ex-Sharks on the list:

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
okay now i'm just spitballin here, but

what if the sharks just said f*** it and went all in RIGHT NOW for a coach with multiple championships and is on most people's mount rushmore of their profession

instead of assuming the usual coaching tenure of a few seasons, GMMG says nope this is our coach and will be for a long ass time point blank period

it may be a longshot, but feel like you gotta do your due diligence and at least set up a call

Bill-Belichick-NFL-New-England-Patriots.jpg

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Quinn was the guy who literally had no system. And the roster was hot garbage the last two seasons, especially last season which also had injuries. I just don't see how anyone can pin that on Warsofsky.
I don't think you can but he's going to have some stink on him regardless

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Why not just hire Dan Bylma who coached the Firebird that just swept Marco Sturm's Reign. Bylsma had NHL experience in coaching the Penguins and also coached the team USA hockey.

If this was still Doug Wilson's team, he would hire Bylsma and make a point about him being a Cup Winning Coach. :laugh:

Reactions: themelkman

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Bylsma is probably the top candidate for the NHL Seattle HC (parent affiliate of CVF) so probably is not available outside the organization.

Last year's team made it to Calder Finals. CVF starts WCF this week.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Today’s 32 thoughts podcast update: Elliotte thinks Sturm has had his interview and believes Warsofsky has interviewed twice and Blashill is potentially getting a 2nd interview. So maybe down to those 3 names? And on we wait.

One option I love, one I hate and one I am neutral on. Very balanced

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Blashill is terrible.

Why not just keep Quinn one or two more years? Fire Quinn to hire Blashill?
Would have been one more year for Quinn. Can't imagine Blashill is a serious candidate unless he interviewed really well and has some genius strategy he would want to implement as Sharks HC that just blows Grier away.

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
North Brunswick, NJ
Why does it take us so long to hire a coach? Feel like even when Quinn was hired, every other opening was filled before we settled on Quinn. And this time again, every other team is filling their vacancy while we are still looking? Granted it seems like the top candidates for us are Sturm and Warsofsky who are still available. Although that makes me question why aren't other teams interested in them.

But still, how come every other team moves on from a coach and finds a replacement pretty quickly, while we just sit here in limbo for weeks and months?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Why does it take us so long to hire a coach? Feel like even when Quinn was hired, every other opening was filled before we settled on Quinn. And this time again, every other team is filling their vacancy while we are still looking? Granted it seems like the top candidates for us are Sturm and Warsofsky who are still available. Although that makes me question why aren't other teams interested in them.

But still, how come every other team moves on from a coach and finds a replacement pretty quickly, while we just sit here in limbo for weeks and months?
What’s the rush? It’s not like we’re playing games or any of the players are hanging around SJ on the ice.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Probably the combination of having a very thorough GM + an undesirable HC opening.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
In other words... It's a difficult assignment and a tricky position to fill. It doesn't say anything other than that and there's no rush.

No need for the fat jokes, if that's not your thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad