OT: Newsday: Billy Joel to play final concert at NVMC Aug. 4th

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
http://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...ert-1.10325550?cmpid=Breaking_news_newsletter

No surprise here really, Figured Billy would have one more go around before it ends. What still strikes me as peculiar is the quote from the article:

Billy Joel will play the final concert at Nassau Coliseum, closing down the Uniondale arena with an appearance on Aug. 4. Joel's concert will be the first show at the Coliseum handled by Forest City Ratner executive chairman Bruce Ratner and the final event before it closes for renovations.

First show handled by ratner, before it closes for "renovations"..

beLIever

Mar 5, 2011
New York
http://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...ert-1.10325550?cmpid=Breaking_news_newsletter

No surprise here really, Figured Billy would have one more go around before it ends. What still strikes me as peculiar is the quote from the article:

Billy Joel will play the final concert at Nassau Coliseum, closing down the Uniondale arena with an appearance on Aug. 4. Joel's concert will be the first show at the Coliseum handled by Forest City Ratner executive chairman Bruce Ratner and the final event before it closes for renovations.

First show handled by ratner, before it closes for "renovations"..

This is the same Billy Joel who refused to get involved in the referendum vote and has not said peep one about the need for a functioning 15,000+ seater with an anchor tenant on LI because his nose has been so far up the Dolans' rears at MSG for a while now?

**** him and the horse he rode in on. He's already seen the last dollar he'll ever see from me. (Besides, he's basically his own tribute act at this point, sloppy piano playing and all, and I don't pay arena prices for tribute acts.)

And I've hated that stupid black and white Billy Joel banner in the Coli since they put it there. It looks like some sort of rip in the time-space continuum where all the color seeped out of the universe.

And yes, get off my lawn, you hippies!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Love Billy --- But I just can't see spending $200 to hear Piano Man for the 28th time

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Actually, some strange developments on that end... https://twitter.com/jimbaumbach/status/591601466193924096

There were some speculation that it might be about the Sound Tigers or the 6 games the Isles would play there.

I wouldn't exactly call that "developments".

However, I'd be very surprised if an AHL team does not move into the renovated arena or "exhibition center" as it's now being referred to as. Hopefully it's the Islanders affiliate.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Love Billy --- But I just can't see spending $200 to hear Piano Man for the 28th time

I can't either. That's why I'm buying the max tickets on the amex presale and putting them right on stubhub. Let some other moron listen to scenes from an italian restaurant for the 1,000,000,000,000,000th time.

He needs to just go away.

goawaygary*

I'm still pissed off that overrated Yankee fan played the last concert at Shea

get lost Billy Joel.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
billy is one of my favorite solo artists, but screw him.........guy is a typical bandwagon fan. just like most of the long island rag fans.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Come on, man. Play something from The Stranger!

We strictly do '80s Joel music, sir.

'80s Billy Joel doo-wop sucks!

Hey, listen, mother****er, we only sing '80s Joel!

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
Holy hate on this board. Billy Joel is amazing. I was at his last play at Shea and it was the best concert of my life. I will do everything in my power to get these tickets.

BroadwayJay*

I wouldn't exactly call that "developments".

However, I'd be very surprised if an AHL team does not move into the renovated arena or "exhibition center" as it's now being referred to as. Hopefully it's the Islanders affiliate.

I've been thinking we're going to see an influx of ECHL teams to the East Coast.

Would be nice for the Isles to have an ECHL farm of their own just down the street. The N, the A, and the EC all together would be convenient for the team and the fans.

Why not?

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
really should have kept the banners up until this concert. going to suck that people can't experience it as we should all remember it one last time.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
I can't stand people. I wanted to go to this concert so badly tried to get tickets during the presale and then woke up again today and tried but nothing. Only to find out that minutes later there are thousands of tickets on stub hub. Anything for people to make a quick buck I guess.....:shakehead

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I can't stand people. I wanted to go to this concert so badly tried to get tickets during the presale and then woke up again today and tried but nothing. Only to find out that minutes later there are thousands of tickets on stub hub. Anything for people to make a quick buck I guess.....:shakehead

I missed out too. Thing was sold out instantly.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
if this concert is anything like billys concerts at MSG, then just be patient and wait it out. most shows at MSG get to under face value a few days before the show and you can usually score a really good deal day of or even hours before. the last show he played at msg on april 3 i think, i got seats on the floor about 25 rows from the stage for $115 each about an hour and a half before the show started on stubhub. im pretty sure the face on those was around $150.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
if this concert is anything like billys concerts at MSG, then just be patient and wait it out. most shows at MSG get to under face value a few days before the show and you can usually score a really good deal day of or even hours before. the last show he played at msg on april 3 i think, i got seats on the floor about 25 rows from the stage for $115 each about an hour and a half before the show started on stubhub. im pretty sure the face on those was around $150.

Thanks I'll keep my eyes open

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Would be nice for the Isles to have an ECHL farm of their own just down the street. The N, the A, and the EC all together would be convenient for the team and the fans.
Why not?

thats a horrible idea........but this isnt the proper thread for that discussion.

i never liked billy joel anyway, so i couldnt care less.

in all honesty, i dont even know why i opened this thread......i guess im just bored.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad