News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I just want to watch the game period. I was able to get ballys to work on my phone but not my Chromebook for this last game. Might be an issue with the equipment and not ballys but last year the service was not very reliable at all. I don’t care what other bullshit they need to do just let me watch the game

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's well known that writers and pundits value offense (total points) much higher than defense when ranking defenders. It's that way with the Norris as well. Given how much weight they put on that, it's no surprise where Slavin ranks annually. I think it's a bit too low even given that, but I don't really care. It's not going to affect anything negatively.

Same goes for some of the comments about Wyshynski(?) predicting the Canes won't make the playoffs based on how things look "on paper". Our roster, on paper, isn't as good as it was in past years and some other teams have improved on paper. In the end, it doesn't matter though and maybe even gives the team a little motivation or puts a chip on their shoulders.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Re Slavin I don't know the numbers but the last two seasons my eye hasn't viewed Slavin at the same level.

He's been damn good but it looks like his gaps and stick haven't been quite as good.

Maybe it's the talent around him or pacing the regular season.

How do fancy# compare his play over the last 4 seasons?

Reactions: bleedgreen

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Re Slavin I don't know the numbers but the last two seasons my eye hasn't viewed Slavin at the same level.

He's been damn good but it looks like his gaps and stick haven't been quite as good.

Game 4 hammering?
Burns cover?
Early season?

Do agree that he has had a slight dip though.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

He hasn’t looked the same in a few years imo. Still amazing at what he does, but he hasn’t been the same level as mid 20’s for awhile. Hes not mid 20’s anymore and he’s had hard miles his whole career. A bunch of his best years were spent on our crap teams. He still has enough to be a stud for us when it matters but he’s dropped off some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad