News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I wish US fans cared more about the regular season than they do.

The playoffs is a crap shoot. The regular season shows who the best teams are. Things like the top seed in the conference or President's Trophy should have far, far more meaning and pride associated with it than they are.
That's why Dean Smith always thought the regulat season champs should get the NCAA nod. He undersood the conference tourney for what it was ($, marketing, fan involvement, etc.) . Mattered much more back when only one school from a conference got a bid and later with multiple schools, an automatic one.

Reactions: DaveG

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
True after shitting the bed all season they decided to go all-out for a bit, but beyond that run?
"Okay I guess they did do something, but other than when they did something when have they done something??"

I'm just poking fun, obviously the team hasn't been relevant for a while. But don't forget a conference championship and final four run too quickly, we gotta make that last :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Could be just cap shenanigans
I wonder whether the NHLPA starts coming down at some point on players playing effectively a full NHL season (or a sizeable portion of it) and getting shenanigised out of ~half of their NHL salary.

As a player, my cumulated aggravation might show come the RFA contracting time.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I wonder whether the NHLPA starts coming down at some point on players playing effectively a full NHL season (or a sizeable portion of it) and getting shenanigised out of ~half of their NHL salary.

As a player, my cumulated aggravation might show come the RFA contracting time.
Maybe we could agree to pay him the difference out of the goodness of our hearts? Then he gets full pay and we don't suffer the full cap hit! :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG and Lempo

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Tulsky right now:

pistol-whip-shenanigans.gif

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I was planning on quoting this movie today when I removed a tree stump after the hurricane today but instead of triumphantly hoisting ot above my head and proclaiming “I am all that is man!” this project has gone more like Homer Simpson’s “La Grille”

Reactions: Chrispy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad