News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

WingedEye

Apr 24, 2013
Cary, NC
Nancy's on Creedmoor is the best Chicago style deep dish in the area. ACME and Rosati's are up there too, but Nancy's edges them out. Their meatball app is outstanding too...

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Moving away from food, I'm surprised that they haven't announced a change to the Saturday game. Bolts arena is right off the bay and you have to think that in addition to extensive wind and power damage there will be extensive flooding (airport is also off the water too).

1728479882207.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DaveG

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Moving away from food, I'm surprised that they haven't announced a change to the Saturday game. Bolts arena is right off the bay and you have to think that in addition to extensive wind and power damage there will be extensive flooding.

View attachment 913911
I saw something saying the league was looking at options. They can't play saturday in raleigh because state football has a night game. They mentioned playing it sunday in raleigh. Not exactly ideal, but both teams' next game is tuesday. I imagine they don't want to take a home game away, so if there is a better time later in the year i expect they would use that. In a dream world it won't be necessary, but i'm not holding my breath.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I saw something saying the league was looking at options. They can't play saturday in raleigh because state football has a night game. They mentioned playing it sunday in raleigh. Not exactly ideal, but both teams' next game is tuesday. I imagine they don't want to take a home game away, so if there is a better time later in the year i expect they would use that. In a dream world it won't be necessary, but i'm not holding my breath.
Saw that too re: Sunday.....would be a great opportunity for our fanbase though.

Now expected to be a CAT4 storm at landfall hitting Thursday. Madness to think they will be able to get service people, fans to the arena, & refs +, teams back through TPA on Friday, let along Saturday. Maybe they are hoping for a Sunday game in TPA but that is still asking a lot if the 130mph winds + surge hits Tampa/it's bays badly.

btw: Dundon could always give the Bolts the revenue.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Saw that too re: Sunday.....would be a great opportunity for our fanbase though.

Now expected to be a CAT4 storm at landfall hitting Thursday. Madness to think they will be able to get service people, fans to the arena, & refs +, teams back through TPA on Friday, let along Saturday. Maybe they are hoping for a Sunday game in TPA but that is still asking a lot if the 130mph winds + surge hits Tampa/it's bays badly.

btw: Dundon could always give the Bolts the revenue.
i was thinking it would be cool if they treated it like the community preseason game if it ends up being in raleigh sunday. make it general admission, set a higher price than the preseason game, split the money between hurricane relief funds.

maybe make it three tier pricing - $X for lower bowl, $Y for upper deck, and $Z for 200 level. i assume they could turn it around quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad