News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

The whole tweet;

6. Carolina HurricanesTop 5 Skater Prospects: Nikishin, Nadeau, Morrow, Blake and TrikozovCarolina continues to build a pool with depth like we've never seen before. They have ~30 skaters in the system with some NHL potential to them. They added a number of good value pieces again this year (like Artamonov). Its still too early to tell if what they're doing (picking value with almost every pick and staying away from historical low bets) is going to work, but I like their chances.Cup Contenders generally have league worst prospect pools and don't have much in terms of prospects to promote to the NHL or offer in trades for established veterans. The Canes have oodles. Case in point, they gave up a few decent looking prospects to Pittsburgh in the Guentzel trade but didn't give up one of their top prospects. They are going about it in a way like we've never seen before.

Not sure what to make of the fact that he doesn't have FUS as one of our top 5 . . .

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Some fans always want to boo players that leave and are viewed to have "spurned" the team.

If I'm in Guenztel's shoes and I can get an extra $3M over a shorter window, it would be hard to say no.
Counterpoint: if I'm coming back to play against a team I left for the Big Bag, I'd be a little hurt if they didn't boo.

It's sports. Fans boo. That's part of the fun.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Counterpoint: if I'm coming back to play against a team I left for the Big Bag, I'd be a little hurt if they didn't boo.

It's sports. Fans boo. That's part of the fun.
I get that, it's just that he wasn't really here long enough for me to form an emotional attachment to him.

You'd best believe I'm posting this gif every time we beat Lindy and the Bruins for the next 7 years, though.

1720303396560.gif

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I get that, it's just that he wasn't really here long enough for me to form an emotional attachment to him.

You'd best believe I'm posting this gif every time we beat Lindy and the Bruins for the next 7 years, though.

View attachment 892941
17 regular season games and 11 playoff games.

Or just 13 fewer games than fan favorite Erik Haula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad