News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Maybe Garf will call up his boy Chiarelli and look into a Quine for Adam Larsson trade.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Devils make a big deal and they’re leading the division.

Henrique + Blandisi for Vatanen

Interesting.

They're not leading the division and that's why they made the deal. They're struggling a little bit right now defensively.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
They're not leading the division and that's why they made the deal. They're struggling a little bit right now defensively.

I didn’t realize even we’re ahead of them with games in hand. Their right there though. I think it’s a good deal.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I didn’t realize even we’re ahead of them with games in hand. Their right there though. I think it’s a good deal.

I think it illustrates why they made the move. They're slipping, slowly, right now so they want to see if they can get going the other way.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Can't say how happy I am that the NHL's winter classic looks like it'll be a disaster this year with bad teams playing. Serves them right for leaving out the Islanders.

Reactions: PROMputt

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Can't say how happy I am that the NHL's winter classic looks like it'll be a disaster this year with bad teams playing. Serves them right for leaving out the Islanders.

I wouldn't really call the Rangers a bad team. The Sabres though....

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
He’d probably take pride in knowing we turned a talented player into a useful asset.
'
I like that, pretty funny... I root for the Isles first, I would just have to become a Tanner Fritz fan if Quine became an Oiler... Snow would demand Maroon back in the deal though

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

The Duck fans believe they just ripped off the Devils.... they were feeling very Hickey about Vatanen, silly me, I thought we were going to get him... Henrique had a huge fundraiser last night in Hoboken and now he is gone

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Devils make a big deal and they’re leading the division.

Henrique + Blandisi for Vatanen

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure Zajac is coming back soon (or is already back), so the thought process for NJ was that they'd rather grab a top four defenseman than roll with Zajac/Hischier/Henrique/Boyle when they also have Coleman/Johansson/Zacha who can also play center.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I know Vatanen slipped a lot in Duck's fan's minds. However, he has missed a bit of time with injury and probably isn't back to normal. Could be a good move for the Devils as Vatanen will probably rebound with consistent playing time. I think it was a pretty good hockey trade for both teams and I don't think either will feel like they lost the trade.

Just surprised that the Devils are always in the mix for decent trades. First Johannsen, now Vatanen...

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The NYR lose Mika for a while with a concussion. David Desharnais is now their #1C. Yeesh

He was having a strong season so far, it's a big loss for them.

If they struggle, this is a big opportunity to stretch our lead on them in the standings. Right now it's 6 teams for 5 playoff spots (the Metro will have both WC slots), they fall off and we have some breathing room.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Flyers are having a tough time with the Bruins. Down 3-0 middle of the 2nd period. All self-inflicteed wounds. Turnovers in the D zone and poor goaltending from Brian Elliot. Anyone who was worried about Philly in the pre-season worried needlessly. The Flyers suck.

Dave Hakstol’s last game behind the Flyers bench?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Flyers are having a tough time with the Bruins. Down 3-0 middle of the 2nd period. All self-inflicteed wounds. Turnovers in the D zone and poor goaltending from Brian Elliot. Anyone who was worried about Philly in the pre-season worried needlessly. The Flyers suck.

The time is coming. the time is coming, irony of playing Boston

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

If they're home, do you hear any chants about firing him? The fans I'm friends with were all riding high earlier this year...now, not so much.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If they're home, do you hear any chants about firing him? The fans I'm friends with were all riding high earlier this year...now, not so much.
I did go to the game. No chants calling for his job, but Wells Fargo Center was only about 3/4 full which is rare for a Saturday afternoon with the Bruins.

The Bruins had a 3-0 lead after 2 periods. They looked like they were on a 15 minute power play to start the 3rd. The Flyers had no push back, nobody hustled back to defend. They looked like the Islanders in one of their no-show games. Philly is now winless in 10 straight. Something’s gotta give.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I did go to the game. No chants calling for his job, but Wells Fargo Center was only about 3/4 full which is rare for a Saturday afternoon with the Bruins.

The Bruins had a 3-0 lead after 2 periods. They looked like they were on a 15 minute power play to start the 3rd. The Flyers had no push back, nobody hustled back to defend. They looked like the Islanders in one of their no-show games. Philly is now winless in 10 straight. Something’s gotta give.

Sadly, Capuano made it through similar stretches.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Canadians lit up the Red Wings for 10 goals, the Wings are awful

Devils downslide is happening they lost 5-0 to the Yotes
The second game in 2 nights on the road after beating the Avalanche the night before? No, I’m not ready to pronounce the Devils downslide in effect.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
There's a player or two I'd want from the Flyers....too bad they are in the same division.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The second game in 2 nights on the road after beating the Avalanche the night before? No, I’m not ready to pronounce the Devils downslide in effect.
Canes win Devils lose, intrigue is on... they still lost to Johnstown... I mean Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad