Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Washington Capitals 4-0

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Then Detroit shouldn't have lost to the Capitals twice in the final month of the season.

While the caps did make the playoffs, at what cost?

They not only got swept but have a heck of an old team. Lost out on a top 15 pick and don’t have a great outlook on prospects.

It put an already slow and old team even further back lmao.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So many salty Wings and Pens fans who can’t get over the fact that their teams choked in March/April when at least one of them would’ve made it in playing .500 hockey in the final 20 games of the seasom.

The Caps sending these overrated teams home made the season a success. Never stood a chance against the Rangers, and the other pretenders would’ve gotten dummied too.

I don't think anyone here is salty, rather that the Capitals were such an embarrassment in the 1st round that it just emphasized how much they absolutely shouldn't have been a playoff team.

Any of the teams competing for the WC spot would have lost to the Rangers, but I really struggle to see that the other teams would have given such limp dick performances like the Capitals did.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
The Detroit or Pittsburgh talk in this thread is so dumb. You fumbled your chance for the playoffs, we didn’t. None the less we had no shot of winning this series but possibly stealing a game or two. Good luck the rest of the way NYR
For an old and slow team that lost out on a top 15 pick. Has an AGING core and a pretty bad prospect outlook, it was a lose, lose for Washington.

Yes, I am a Red wings fan but we definitely are a better team than the Caps. I would think most people agree with that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
1714364822973.png

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
CBJ swept TBL. They had a chance. Certainly not a team I'd bet on, but wasn't impossible.

Caps would've been better served missing the playoffs for their future. Now they lost out on a high pick only to lose every playoff game. That's not something to be happy about as a Caps fan lol.
Exactly, while I am still salty the wings missed out, at least we get a top 15 pick to add to the pipeline.

For Washington, at this stage in OVs, Carlson, Wilsons career…. It would have been better to miss out and get a better pick.

An old team made the playoffs, missed out on a potentially higher pick only to get swept. While most people called it and yes, the CAPS technically made the playoffs, it actually hurt them in a way.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Then Detroit shouldn't have lost to the Capitals twice in the final month of the season.
Season series had Caps with one more point and two wins mainly due to Lindgren. It’s okay to allow for luck as a factor in sports, and Caps got lucky to make it into the playoffs. They made it as one of the worst playoff teams of all time and it showed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t know why people are saying that was an ugly sweep.

The Rangers led pretty much the whole series. Almost every game they took an early lead. Caps play such a boring style and impose it on you. That’s part of why they got to the playoffs. Rangers couldn’t really attempt to play an exciting style.

Settling for being in control of boring games isn’t ugly. It’s smart hockey. Caps rarely were a threat.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Pretty disgraceful performance from ovi. I’m rooting for him, but cmon man. That wasn’t leadership on the ice. Idgaf how outmatched you are on paper or if you are playing for RS accolades at this point, you still need to have some professional pride.

Much rather have seen Crosby for a few extra games. Man busts his ass regardless of the team he has.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Like i said:

Washington looked like a team that just wanted to get over with this and start their vacation.....

Ovi only cares about the "Gretzky-record" at this point. Thats it.....

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Protas impressed me for the Caps. He’s slow, but coming into his own and will be a top 6 forward for a long time.

Rangers need to stop playing Rempe. In the regular season where the games don’t matter as much it makes sense, but every goal is crucial in the playoffs. He played less than 6 minutes and was at fault for a goal. Can’t risk it with him anymore. Chytil needs to replace him for game 1 of the next series. Move Wennberg or Cuylle down a line.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
CBJ swept TBL. They had a chance. Certainly not a team I'd bet on, but wasn't impossible.

Caps would've been better served missing the playoffs for their future. Now they lost out on a high pick only to lose every playoff game. That's not something to be happy about as a Caps fan lol.

Nah, I’ll take the playoff experience for the younger players over moving up 2-3 spots in a mediocre draft like this one.

The Pens on the other hand got to miss the playoffs and lose their 1st round pick in the Karlsson trade. I don’t envy your team’s position at all.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't think anyone here is salty, rather that the Capitals were such an embarrassment in the 1st round that it just emphasized how much they absolutely shouldn't have been a playoff team.

Any of the teams competing for the WC spot would have lost to the Rangers, but I really struggle to see that the other teams would have given such limp dick performances like the Capitals did.

When you’re down to only 2-3 NHL defensemen on a rebuilding team, this is what you would expect to happen.

They earned their playoff spot fair and square, and given how other competing teams were losing easy games in March/April, I’m not so sure about them faring any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad