Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Washington Capitals 4-0

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You just can't enjoy anything...always negative.its tiring man

I'm enjoying it but also we're on the main boards. The analysis doesn't have to be all peaches and rainbows about the rainbows have to be objective. I think that the biggest gap in this series was in goal. Lidgren sucked and Shesterkin was amazing. The gap in the skaters with the way they played was clear but not massive.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
As a fan who hates both Carolina/NYR, Carolina needs to get over the mental hurdle of actually beating NYR in a series that matters. The bubble series was a joke back in 2020 that the Canes dominated. Aho/Svech rarely show up against NYR and Freddy hasn't had a massive workload since his blood clot issues, it's gonna be interesting how Carolina come into that series. And yes, every NYR fan should root for a longer series. The Isles heavy game will only help the Rangers if they manage to make a longer series for Carolina before they advance.

I think you need more than 1 series loss (that went 7 games) to claim a mental hurdle.

The metro is honestly such a joke just a permanent free ECF trip for either the Rags or Canes for the foreseeable future.

New Jersey will be back. An off year in a larger competitive window is not uncommon (Washington 2014, Tampa 2017, Dallas 2021, Vegas 2022, etc.). A ton of talent there.

Reactions: Summer Rose

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I'm enjoying it but also we're on the main boards. The analysis doesn't have to be all peaches and rainbows about the rainbows have to be objective. I think that the biggest gap in this series was in goal. Lidgren sucked and Shesterkin was amazing. The gap in the skaters with the way they played was clear but not massive.
I don't think you're really understanding the games that you're watching. If that's what you took from this series, i'm not sure what to tell you man. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs. We will lose a game or two, it will be ok.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It wasn’t a dominant series by the Rangers mostly because it didn’t need to be. The Caps never really forced them to expend any extra energy, so the Rangers only expended just enough to win each game. I honestly think it was on purpose. Their focus was definitely on the game in front of them, but the strategy was with an eye to the next round.
I don't agree with this. They were hard fought wins by the superior team. Rangers didn't look sharp, but that doesn't mean they weren't expending energy. They just played a low event team that limited the Rangers' opportunities.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
You don’t enjoy anything, nobody believes you. The rangers are THE ONLY TEAM TO SWEEP. Enjoy it for one f***ing night.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I think you need more than 1 series loss (that went 7 games) to claim a mental hurdle.

New Jersey will be back. An off year in a larger competitive window is not uncommon (Washington 2014, Tampa 2017, Dallas 2021, Vegas 2022, etc.). A ton of talent there.
Debs go from outside the playoffs to Cup favorites with a good goalie and #1 D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad