Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2, advance to ECF

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He’s on ads and doing interviews like he’s the face of the franchise. But your sentiment is eerily reminiscent to Penguins fans regarding Geoff Carter when he took a dirty head shot on Makar last year.
Listen brother, you don’t have to worry about Trouba taking out any players on your team

Cause they’re getting bounced tomorrow

Reactions: Daves a mess

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
as an islanders fan who honestly HATED choosing either team, congrats Rangers

They embarrassed this Hurricanes "stanley cup contender", and they just sent them a nice ticket to salary cap hell. Enjoy the ride Carolina. And to whomever gets Rod, good luck.

Carolina wasted their best ticket last year. And you know what? I do not feel sorry for them at all. Bye bye Burns.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
This series was the 100th lesson in my life that I don't know what the f*** I'm talking about.

- I said multiple times that the Rangers needed to give their lines a shake, particularly the Zibanejad line . . . . and they dominated the 3rd period

- I said Shesterkin looked shaky and shook and he made a ton of massive saves in that 3rd.
Your comment is funny because it is so true.
I was completely despondent halfway through the game, and I have always been the most positive about any team I support and follow (Rangers and NHL is all I care about)

This game was crazy. I got caught in my own negativity and bad thoughts. It just shows how things can turn 180 degrees.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Funniest thing for me because of this is now ABC has to air Nucks/Oilers at 8pm Saturday lol unless they opt to now just throw it into an ESPN slot late

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Carolina has really got to make a shake up.

Coaches job on the line potentially as well?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I can respect what Carolina has done these past 6 or so years, that was another classic heart-attack type series that remained close since game 1 puck drop, but f*** are they an annoying team to have to play against. Rangers managed to snap out of their own drunken stupor though. Good series and probably the most entertaining so far.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Your comment is funny because it is so true.
I was completely despondent halfway through the game, and I have always been the most positive about any team I support and follow (Rangers and NHL is all I care about)

This game was crazy. I got caught in my own negativity and bad thoughts. It just shows how things can turn 180 degrees.
It's the beauty of sports. For all the trends and 'I've seen this story before' routines, anything can still happen at any time.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Every Ranger fan that’s paying attention cringes at the fact that he’s the captain of the team and admits that he’s easily our worst defenseman. The only way we’ll tolerate him not being traded this offseason is if we win the Cup.
I still want him gone.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Carolina has really got to make a shake up.

Coaches job on the line potentially as well?
Yeah, every team comes to a reckoning point eventually. There are so many strengths in this Hurricanes team, but they just don't get as far as many think they will.
It will be interesting to see what happens over the summer.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I can't be bothered to look it up myself atm, but I'm curious if there's ever been a natural hattrick in the 3rd period of a series deciding game before? Figure there must have been...

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is hindsight of course, but it probably wasn't the best idea for Carolina to rely on a guy who missed like 4 months of the season as their starter in the playoffs. Probably should have focused more on adding a better goalie rather than adding another scorer like Guentzel.

Yeah I don't get the logic there at all, Kotchekov is going to be your starter at some point full time. Andersen looked shaky v the Islanders, what did Rod + company think was gonna happen versus a team without a pop gun offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad