• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And what, put all our guys on IR and overpay these ECHL guys to somehow get to the cap floor? It's not possible to lose every game any more than it is to win every one.

We're probably not going to make the playoffs, and we're not going to buy at the deadline. But to think we can magically drop to like 3rd last in the league just because we've decided we're gonna sell isn't going to happen.

I said it before, if we somehow finish at 7th last, that will be as good as we can hope for.

Why not call up Nell or Halverson instead of Georgiyev and let them play over Hank? You could also have called up the ECHL players instead of Pionk, Gilmour, Lettieri, give them all big minutes.

This team winning games hurts the long-term future. There's a generational player in this draft. We should be trying to do everything we possibly can to give ourselves a chance to win the draft lottery. Getting the 8th or 9th pick is going to make the tank longer, unless we get extremely lucky. Rarely do teams find star players outside of the top 2-3 selections of a draft. Teams win in this league with star players. Chytil, Buchnevich, Andersson, co aren't that. Adding a bunch of those players is not going to do much for this team.

It might even be worse than having to tank for longer. There's a chance we'll be stuck in mediocrity if we add enough good players to keep this team in the 10-20 range of the league. There are two things you want to be in the NHL, a contender or one of the worst teams in the league.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Guys rooting for the tank must have had a miserable day.

As a NY Jets fan, trust me I know. It was a miserable experience. You might as well root for the win and be satisfied if they lose. Just let the suck happen naturally.

Reactions: will1066

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Why not call up Nell or Halverson instead of Georgiyev and let them play over Hank? You could also have called up the ECHL players instead of Pionk, Gilmour, Lettieri, give them all big minutes.

This team winning games hurts the long-term future. There's a generational player in this draft. We should be trying to do everything we possibly can to give ourselves a chance to win the draft lottery. Getting the 8th or 9th pick is going to make the tank longer, unless we get extremely lucky. Rarely do teams find star players outside of the top 2-3 selections of a draft. Teams win in this league with star players. Chytil, Buchnevich, Andersson, co aren't that. Adding a bunch of those players is not going to do much for this team.

It might even be worse than having to tank for longer. There's a chance we'll be stuck in mediocrity if we add enough good players to keep this team in the 10-20 range of the league. There are two things you want to be in the NHL, a contender or one of the worst teams in the league.
Im all for the tank and highest pick. Did you think we were gonna lose 27 straight games to end the season? We suck man I think anything is possible except maybe finishing behind the 3 worst now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Im all for the tank and highest pick. Did you think we were gonna lose 27 straight games to end the season? We suck man I think anything is possible except maybe finishing behind the 3 worst now.

I never said losing 27 in a row. It's annoying that this team wins two games late where they could've and maybe should've gotten 0 points from either game. Those 4 points at the end of the season might be the difference between 4th in the lottery standings and 7th.

Reactions: NYRKING30

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Eh not really.

The 1st vs Calgary and the 2nd today were good. The other 4 periods were more of the same with Hank doing Hank things.

We have Hank, so we can expect him to do Hank things. Everyone was tuned in after the first 10 minutes. So many games this season the effort hasn't been there and (partly as a result) we've had lots of odd man rushes against us. The backcheck is better and there are less risks being taken by the Dmen (maybe not Gilmour)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

While the pessimist in me thinks that the FO will back-track and be tempted by being buyers...

...I don't think Gorton & Co. will be fooled here. They'll stay the course.

Reactions: bl02

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I dont want them to lose. I want them to keep winning.
I hope we sell and make the playoffs. Call up the kids give them some experience.

If anyone think they are going to tank they are out to lunch. The FO at not point said they were going to tank. Just a change of core. Plus if you make the playoffs you never know what happens. Look at the sens last year

Reactions: Ori

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

What worries me is that if they stay close enough the FO may hold off on trading some of the non UFA's to try and get another kick at the can, hurting their trade value.

The UFA's are going to be moved for sure, that doesn't worry me.

Also annoyed that they're winning games that they dont deserve to win. It's one thing if the team turned it around and started playing well, but that hasn't really been the case.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Pavel Bure with 9. That was in a 50+ goal season, incidentally.
Really? Haha, incidentally he's actually my favorite player ever. Hated he came to us too late in his career. Thats a surprising stat though I'm surprised I didn't even know that one. Im guessing it was one his back to back 50 goal seasons in Florida.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I hope we sell and make the playoffs. Call up the kids give them some experience.

If anyone think they are going to tank they are out to lunch. The FO at not point said they were going to tank. Just a change of core. Plus if you make the playoffs you never know what happens. Look at the sens last year

Yeah but look at the Rangers 2 years ago.

If they make it, it's probably going to go a lot like that, maybe even worse.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I never said losing 27 in a row. It's annoying that this team wins two games late where they could've and maybe should've gotten 0 points from either game. Those 4 points at the end of the season might be the difference between 4th in the lottery standings and 7th.
Yeah I agree its annoying but you also know theres so many games left that we are gonna lose games we shoulda deserved to win and lose a lot more games that we should lose. I don't have any faith in this roster. I think anything but the top 3 is attainable. Im praying for a top 5 pick. Detroit won today, Florida is playing well, When this roster is purged, the wins are going to be very, very rare.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I want them to lose but I'm not rooting for it if that makes any sense?

tumblr_inline_on2zdfCMbY1tmokms_540.png

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guys rooting for the tank must have had a miserable day.

As a NY Jets fan, trust me I know. It was a miserable experience. You might as well root for the win and be satisfied if they lose. Just let the suck happen naturally.

Dahlin would be nice but our progress going forward depends on Gorton having a good offseason as a whole.

I'm ok with us losing for the higher pick, but I'm also ok with us winning so we continue to make progress as a team.

Reactions: bl02

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Really like the look of the younger brigade on defence. Should make for some interesting decisions going into next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad