Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning Game 4 (Series Tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
lol

CFqKdwhUkAAzVHR.jpg:large

Nice. Is that from tonight?

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I'd argue that the Rangers were worse tonight than they were in game 3. Henrik was in absolute GOD mode.

Rangers played a great 3rd. They had a rough start to the first and second. ..

Nash and St . Louis score and we were worse?

Lundqvist raised his game and he needed to

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Nah, not really. There were a couple of moments in the first and a 10-minute stretch in the 2nd. Other than that, the Lightning didn't really have a lot of good chances.

seemed like they had so many breakaways, partial breaks, odd man rushes, and all alone in the slot chances, and couldnt convert on any of them outside the 1 stamkos goal.

this hit what...3 posts?

I dont think the Rangers played a strong game at all defensively.

Klein who had like 2 or 3 points was just horrendous in his own zone.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The thing is, wanting to start Talbot this game was questionable but not insane, Bern wanted to start Talbot in game 2 to rest Lundqvist after Lundqvist gave up 1 goal and the best goal stat-wise in the playoffs.

Actually, insane is exactly what it was.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Nash straight BODIED Paquette on that 1st goal.

Also, love Hank's NBC postgame interviews after wins.

He be chirping up a storm.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rangers played a great 3rd. They had a rough start to the first and second. ..

Nash and St . Louis score and we were worse?

Lundqvist raised his game and he needed to

their 3rd was better for sure. I think Tampa just sorta quit, which was weird. The first 2 periods were not good.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This was a statement game.

Still, I don't like how Tampa ran all over us for the majority of the 2nd period. It invites trouble. The Rangers scored tonight by getting bodies in front of Bishop and cashing in on Tampa's defensive gaffes.

In many ways, this reminded me of Game 2 this series, and Game 5 against Pittsburgh last year.

Getting Nash and MSL going would be huge for us. MSL looked possessed after he scored. It was like I was watching a completely different player.

Most importantly, Lundqvist bounced back. Huge for this team and for him.

We're at 2-2 going back to home ice. It's a best of three series. Buckle up, folks.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Goog game by Hank. But really having 1 good game out of a couple is just not good enough for an elite player in the playoffs. He got to be better and consistent. We could have close the series or looking to close the series by now if he was better.

Before game 2 in the ECF he had .946 & 1.60 GAA!

Are you making stuff up as you go?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Great game by MSL. He missed a few good opportunities but he made a lot of good plays. He sees the ice very well and reads plays very well when he is focused.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Goog game by Hank. But really having 1 good game out of a couple is just not good enough for an elite player in the playoffs. He got to be better and consistent. We could have close the series or looking to close the series by now if he was better.
It's not 1 good game out of a couple, it's 2 bad games out of a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad