Prospect Info: **New Top 10 Prospect List**

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
And we're talking about a record setting NCAA dman.

Didn't this draft confirm Hutson most probably would still be a 2nd round selection. His brother Cole, who is slightly bigger and almost everyone put on par his brother also slipped to the second round.His size will also be problematic.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Didn't this draft confirm Hutson most probably would still be a 2nd round selection. His brother Cole, who is slightly bigger and almost everyone put on par his brother also slipped to the second round.His size will also be problematic.

No. Lane is better than his brother and even then that would just mean NHL teams never learn which we know they don't.

Reactions: montreal

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
No. Lane is better than his brother and even then that would just mean NHL teams never learn which we know they don't.
Yep cole isn't Lane one bit. Comparing them because they're brothers is dumb. Just like comparing Nick Suzuki with his brother Ryan. Cole Hutson is closer to victor mete than lane Hutson lol

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
1- Demidov
2- Reinbacher
3- Hutson
4- Fowler
5- Hage
6- Beck
7- F.Xhekaj
8- Engstrom
9- Mailloux
10- Kapanen

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
1. Demidov
2. Hutson
3. Mailloux
4. Reinbacher
5. Hage
6. Roy
7. Fowler
8. Kapanen
9. Engstrom
10. Beck

HM Volokhin, Dobes, Mesar

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Demidov is the 2nd best player in the draft. He’s probably the highest offensive player in the daft.

He compares himself to Jack Hughes/Nikita Kucherov/Kiril Kaprizov

I see him as a mix of Paval Bure/Nikita Kucherov. This guy is a very highly highly skilled player with above average skating.

• Love
Reactions: KevSkillz4

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Demidov is the 2nd best player in the draft. He’s probably the highest offensive player in the daft.

He compares himself to Jack Hughes/Nikita Kucherov/Kiril Kaprizov

I see him as a mix of Paval Bure/Nikita Kucherov. This guy is a very highly highly skilled player with above average skating.
Is his skating considered above average? I hear it's average so I have no idea.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yep cole isn't Lane one bit. Comparing them because they're brothers is dumb. Just like comparing Nick Suzuki with his brother Ryan. Cole Hutson is closer to victor mete than lane Hutson lol
I don't know about that. Agreed that Lane has better offensive instincts but Cole is not chopped liver and absolutely torched the WU18 this spring.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think Fowler is the wildcard here. I think he could be as high as 4, ahead of Mailloux and Hage.

Goalies are close to impossible to project. Fowler could just as easily be a Hall of Famer as he could be a bust.

He looks good so far but I would not place him too high on this list until he gets at least another season or two under his belt of continued progression.

Reactions: TCIH

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Alright, now that the 1st round is over, what does your new Top 10 Prospect list look like?

This is mine

1- Demidov
2- Hutson
3- Reinbacher
4- Mailloux
5- Hage
6- Beck
7- Fowler
8- Engstrom
9- Xhekaj
10- Kapanen

Just outside- Mesar, Konyushkov

Graduated- Joshua Roy
That is impressive prospect list.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
again it means nothing. I'm sure Oilers fans after the 2012 draft were saying how Yakupov should be ranked as their best prospect, why not since he went 1st OA but in the end what did that mean, not much and that's with the most successful draft slot there is. Scouts make tons of mistakes every year for many reasons, GM's as well since some override when they shouldn't or don't when they should. It's why the draft is so hard to get right.

Yakupov probably should have been rated as their best prospect. These lists shift all the time but that should not stop anyone from making the 1 OA pick the obvious choice in most cases to be at the top of their prospect list. I don't see how the logic against the Yakupov ranking would not apply to every other prospect as well.....why name any prospect #1 when they can still bust?

Demidov is easily our best prospect and I have Reinbacher ahead of Hutson as well but like all of them a lot.

These lists are meaningless anyways and are of little interest to me as fans put too much value on offence when the real value for a player is measured in all 3 zones.

If I am forced to make a list I would put them in tiers and not bother with ranking them individually as though that is even possible to do with any level of accuracy. I have played along in the past but I am entirely over these lists as all they do is annoy me lol.

Anyway we cut it or choose to rank the players in this pool it is a great pool and I would rather leave it at that then attempt to arbitrarily rank these kids and pretend that these rankings matter.

If you are going to rank players individually the correct way to do it is by trade value which forces fans with an unhealthy bias towards offence to consider each player as an asset as opposed to an offensive hierarchy which these lists tend to be.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
again it means nothing. I'm sure Oilers fans after the 2012 draft were saying how Yakupov should be ranked as their best prospect, why not since he went 1st OA but in the end what did that mean, not much and that's with the most successful draft slot there is. Scouts make tons of mistakes every year for many reasons, GM's as well since some override when they shouldn't or don't when they should. It's why the draft is so hard to get right.
It mean nothing? How many chance did Yakupov got before GM give up on him? Ranking does matter. Yakupov has still the best prospect until he started to play in the NHL. You are free to do all the prospect ranking you want to do.

All I said has that until Reinbacher play 2 full seasons in the NHL. I will still put him above Hutson in the ranking. Scout can make mistake. The chance of making a mistake is still lower in the top 10 vs second round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad